INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry issue with the new Raspberry Pi5

• Thank you received: 2
Hi, i just get the new Raspberry Pi5 (my Pi4 has been killed by a broken power supply) but if I plug in the astroberry SD it won't boot...
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Matteo
5 months 4 weeks ago #96890

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 50
The Astroberry image on your microSD card has a boot segment which doesn’t know that the Raspberry Pi 5 exists! The version of the Raspberry Pi OS that Astroberry uses (until now) is a 32bit legacy one. If you know someone with a working Raspberry Pi 4, they may be able to update/upgrade the Astroberry OS on your microSD card so that it would become compatible with the RPi5.
5 months 3 weeks ago #96953

• Thank you received: 50
Just checked with the RPi website, and it’s seems that the legacy OS (bullseye) has not been updated to make it compatible with the RPi5. The current OS (bookworm) is compatible with all RPis but seems to be very different from bullseye and I had no luck in installing KStars/Ekos/Indi on it for use with my RPi4 (using @nou’s script). I guess these issues will take some time to get sorted by the software experts and developers amongst our forum colleagues….
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Avocette.
5 months 3 weeks ago #96955

• Thank you received: 41
Probably you will have to wait till the end of the year. Jasem mentioned that Stellarmate is planned to be compatible with RPI5 in December (so Ekos).

www.stellarmate.com/support/faq.html?view=faq&catid=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: John, Nikolaos Vol
5 months 3 weeks ago #96961

• Thank you received: 2
Thanks to all, I sent a mail to Stellarmate and Jasem confirm me that the next release of SM will be available at the beginning of December...
The following user(s) said Thank You: John, Nikolaos Vol
5 months 3 weeks ago #96964

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.688 seconds