INDI Library v1.8.6 Released (21 Aug 2020)

August 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.6 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Astropanel Polar Finder

7 months 1 week ago
gilesco
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Astropanel Polar Finder #49257
Hi All,

I'm not sure if I'm interpreting this correctly.

When I look at the Polar Finder in Astropanel I see the red dot (Polaris) being shown in the bottom left quadrant of the polar finder.

However, in kstars it looks like Polaris should be shown in the top right quadrant from the NCP

The Hour Angle displayed shows that this would be where Polaris should be displayed in the astropanel.

Anyone else noticed this, or perhaps mis-interpreting what the Polar Finder shows?

__
I blog my progress: www.coochey.net
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 1 week ago
wvreeven
Supernova Explorer
Supernova Explorer
More
Astropanel Polar Finder #49259
The Astropanel clearly states “View as in polar finder scope”. Polar scopes (and basically all telescopes without special lenses and mirrors) mirror the view (all things seem to be upside down) so the location of polaris is indicated as where it should be as seen in the polar scope.

ASI6200 and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R
The following user(s) said Thank You gilesco

7 months 1 week ago
gilesco
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Astropanel Polar Finder #49262
Ah, of course! Thank you!

__
I blog my progress: www.coochey.net

Moderators: Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds