INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Canon 350D suddenly no exposure?

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I've run into a odd problem with my EOS 350D. I use a serial shutter release with it. Camera as well as everything else is connected to a Raspberry Pi, and controlled remotely (well, from indoors) from a laptop.

Before, it worked nicely. Now, however, after an upgrade to lateste indi (and a short period of using another camera, 70D), it simply does not expose - shutter is not released. I try with and without shutter release, no change - no exposure.

Funny thing, is that if I connect it directly to my laptop, it works nicely - with the serial shutter release.

I do have a USB-hub at the R-pi. I've tried connecting directly to the R-PI, no change.

Attached is two log files. The driver log contains to attempts, copied in. One with and one without shutter release But thers is nothing in them Actually, nothing happens in the INDI window when I press Preview in the capture module, but the capture module says it is taking an exposure.

What can I check or try to understand this?

Update: to clarify: I recently updated indilib on the R-pi - before that it worked. I updated again now, to the very latest (as of today). However, my laptop is also updated, so it should be same version (I guess), but it works with the laptop, so maybe it has nothing to do with indilib version.....

indi-gphoto version on the raspberry pi:
$ dpkg -l | grep indi-gphoto
ii indi-gphoto 1.4 armhf INDI GPhoto (DSLR) Camera Driver.

Magnus
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by Magnus Larsson.
8 years 2 weeks ago #8027
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds