INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indilib and the Sony Alfa 7RV

• Thank you received: 4
Good afternoon!
This week I purchased a Sony Alfa 7RV, the newest product in the Sony A7-line.
Of course I want to use this camera with indilib. I have already good results with the Sony Alfa 6300, using the Sony DSLR indi-driver.
I use the camera in combination with the following devices:
  • Celestron CGX
  • Baader Steeldrive II
  • SX CCD
  • ZWO CCD

With the Sony 6300 this setup works perfectly.
Configuring the Sony A7RV for remote shooting and using the same USB cable, the camery is not recognized by INDI. In EKOS (KStars) the Sony tab does not show. Also I have a connection failure for "Sony DSLR" in the log window.
If I use the INDI GPhoto driver, the GPhoto-tab shows up, but after about 2 seconds it disappears and a second "Baader Steeldrive II" tab appears. From this moment, things become instable.

My setup consists of an external INDI server, running on a Raspberry Pi 4, using RPI OS "Buster" and updated with "apt". This server communicates with a "Rock 4 c+" single board computer with Ubuntu-20. On this system runs my KStarrs-EKOS client without any problems. Both systems are connected with Wired, Gigabit ethernet to our home-router.

About the camera:
I could communicate once, using GPhoto driver, but from here nothing works. I upgraded the camer's software from 1.00 to 2.00 to be sure to have the latest features installed.
Also I connect the camera without any problem to Sony's "Imaging Edge Desktop" version 1.2. All function work remotely.

I hope I have reported all details.
My question is: Has somebody tried out the usage of the Sony Alfa 7rV with INDI server?

Any help is welcome!
All the best and clear skies,
Alexander
10 months 6 days ago #93606

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This should be supported at the libgphoto2 level. Please open an issue on their Github to request support for this camera.
10 months 6 days ago #93607

• Thank you received: 4
Hi, Jasem.
Thanks for the quick reply. I studied the GPhotoII page and see that the Sony Alfa 7RV isn't supported yet.
Also, I prefer using the Sony DSLR driver, but maybe this one is based on the GPhotoII driver?

Let us see what we can do.

Geetings from Andorra
Alexander
10 months 6 days ago #93608

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds