INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Recording ambient temperature into FITS header

• Thank you received: 0
I'm trying to get ekos to put the ambient temperature into the fits header but I'm struggling to get that to work.

In digging around this forum, it looks like focuser temperature can be added to the fits header or logged in the autofocus log, but I don't have an autofocusser. My mount, an OnStep driven Orion Atlas, has an ambient temperature sensor. This temperature shows up in the observatory module just fine. In the driver control panel for my ASI1600MM-Pro, I can set the snoop devices for Telescope, Focuser, Rotator, and Sky Quality. Is there a way for it to snoop the temp being used by the observatory module and write this into the fits header?
9 months 4 weeks ago #93744

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This has to be done on the INDI side. There are two ways to get this going:

1. Have INDI camera snoop temperature somehow from mount driver as well, but I think I haven't seen any mount drivers offering this so it doesn't make much sense.
2. Use INDI FITS Key/value/comment to manually insert the temperature to the FITS header. This is only possible manually now. But I suppose in Ekos, we can perhaps add a method where you can select certain INDI properties to watch and then add to the FITS header automatically.

Implementing #2 could be nice to have but it's going to take quite a bit of work.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93768

Thanks for the reply Jasem. I do see that I can manually enter a custom Key/Value/Comment into the ZWO CCD Driver in the INDI Control Panel, and that was going to be my next question about the syntax of specifying an INDI property to put into the FITS header for each image. It sounds like that is not possible yet.

If I can't get it into the FITS header, is there a way to log the temperature that the Observatory Module is displaying to a separate file that I could also save with my images?
9 months 3 weeks ago #93779

For posterity, it looks like ambient temperature is logged in the Analyze Module logs stored under home/.local/share/kstars/analyze/
9 months 3 weeks ago #93836

• Thank you received: 33
Out of interest, where are the Custom Capture properties recorded?
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93839

Time to create page: 1.072 seconds