INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

imx477 camera not working on kstars using Nvidia Jetson computer

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, I cant get the imx477 camera to work on kstars. The camera is connected via CSI on Jetson (not rpi). The camera is identified correctly and connected, but when trying to preview I get this error...

org.kde.kstars.indi: V4L2 CCD : "[ERROR] Invalid source buffer size, skipping frame... "

I found that the only driver option that connects is the v4l2 ccd

The imx477 camera produces perfect image when accessing camera directly using gstreamer

If I replace imx477 with a generic v4l2 usb camera, kstars works OK and shows preview.

Can anyone help me to configure kstars for the imx477 camera to work in kstars as I dont know what else to try.

regards, Hazcam
8 months 3 weeks ago #94318

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How about INDI Libcamera, would this work with your camera?
8 months 3 weeks ago #94350

Hi Jasem,

Thank you for your response.

I have not found details anywhere on how to implement indi-libcamera, and apt-get unable to locate package indi-libcamera

If I install kstars-bleeding from your repo, then what is it currently using, and how do I make it use indi-libcamera

If indi-libcamera is not available for L4T, what are the steps to compile and install from source
8 months 3 weeks ago #94351

8 months 3 weeks ago #94352

Hi Jasem,

I have compiled libraries and drivers and installed by following procedure on repo.

I rebooted and retried but no change to the error messages and still no image getting through on the preview

What is the camera option to select for indi-libcamera when configuring the profile options
8 months 3 weeks ago #94359

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds