INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

imx477 camera not working on kstars using Nvidia Jetson computer

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, I cant get the imx477 camera to work on kstars. The camera is connected via CSI on Jetson (not rpi). The camera is identified correctly and connected, but when trying to preview I get this error...

org.kde.kstars.indi: V4L2 CCD : "[ERROR] Invalid source buffer size, skipping frame... "

and if ccd is disabled and then re-enabled, we get these log messages ..

org.kde.kstars.ekos: "V4L2 CCD is disconnected."
org.kde.kstars.indi: V4L2 CCD : "[INFO] V4L2 CCD is online. "
INDI::BaseClient::connectServer: creating new connection...
org.kde.kstars.indi: V4L2 CCD : "[INFO] Found initial Input \"Camera 2\", Format \"10-bit Bayer RGRG/GBGB\", Size 3840x2160, Frame interval 1/25s "
kf5.ki18n: Trying to convert empty KLocalizedString to QString.
org.kde.kstars.indi: V4L2 CCD : "[WARNING] Absolute exposure duration control is not possible on the device! "
org.kde.kstars.indi: V4L2 CCD : "[WARNING] Manual/auto exposure control is not possible on the device! "
org.kde.kstars.indi: V4L2 CCD : "[INFO] Setting pixel size to default of 5.60 "
org.kde.kstars.indi: V4L2 CCD : "[INFO] For future autodetection of pixel size, please report the following: Reported Name: vi-output, imx477 10-001a, Common Name (Eg: NexImage 10), Pixel Size to the following thread: bit.ly/2S1Vxjq "
QObject::connect: signal not found in ISD::Camera

The imx477 camera produces perfect image when accessing camera directly using gstreamer

If I replace imx477 with a generic UVC (v4l2) usb camera, kstars works OK and shows preview.

Is this a bug, or a settings issue ?

Can anyone help me to configure kstars for the imx477 camera to work in kstars as I dont know what else to try.

regards, Hazcam
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by henry. Reason: found more details
8 months 3 weeks ago #94319

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds