INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Nikon DSLR preset exposures and live video

• Thank you received: 5
Hi All,

I've been using ekos mainly connected to my DSLR. While captures are working well I noticed a couple of things that I hope I could get help with.

1) exposure times for the DSLR (at least my Nikon d7500) don't coincide with the DSLR presets. For the most part they do but it skips from 1/1000 to 1/8000. I do see the presets in the Indi control panel for my Nikon though. It wouldn't be an issue but if I just enter a random exposure time in the exposure box the metadata for the picture shows the closest preset value to the exposure I entered and not the exposure value I entered. I guess I would have to know the decimal value for all the presets so I can be confident that the exposure times are accurate. Am I missing something?

2) live video opens the player window but I just see a black screen with exposure set to .1000s and no framerate

3) Sensor resolution changes between lights and flats. My cameras resolution is listed as 5600x3733. Once it starts taking fits captures it changes to 5600x3728 and then when doing flats in the same session it changes 5600x3712. Siril doesn’t what yo preprocess because the resolution is different. What am I doing wrong here??

Can someone please advise?

Thank you,
Eli
Last edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Eli Ron.
8 months 1 week ago #94836

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds