INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Nikon Exposure Delay Mode

• Thank you received: 0
As I am climb my way up the learning curve for INDI, EKOS/KSTARS, their integration with my Nikon D750, DeepSkyDad AF3 and Star Adventurer 2, I'm focusing on the features that support the way I shoot. One of those is the use of Exposure Delay Mode to minimize vibration from mirror slap, particularly on shorter exposures such as lunar or solar imaging.

Although it is buried pretty deep, I was able to find the INDI setting to control exposure delay (called exposuredelaymode, almost half way down the settings on the capturesettings tab). However, it either has a bug or it just doesn't work intuitively.

There is a button for On and one for Off. On connection, the On button is highlighted but the "active" LED next to it is gray so I assume it is just inactive. Here is the behavior on my D750 when I alter the On/Off:
- if I fire the shutter without any change to exposuredelaymode, it fires immediately without delay
- if I select the On button and fire the shutter, it fires after a 2 second delay
- if I select the Off button and fire the shutter, it fires after 3 second delay
- any subsequent selection of On or Off, it behaves as above
- after shutting down INDI drivers/server and disconnecting the camera, checking its state I find that exposure delay is active, either 2 seconds or 3 seconds based on whether On or Off was selected last.

I can maybe work with this - I usually use either 2 or 3 second exposure delay anyway - but I really need the way to revert the camera back to exposure delay off without having to disconnect the camera and change it manually.

Any suggestions? Should I report this as a bug?
2 months 1 week ago #99240

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds