INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Canon DSLR connection failure

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,

I can't connect my Canon DSLR to Kstars/Ekos and am not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have kstars installed an old laptop running LXLE Linux and that connected to my DSLR via USB. I am NOT using Stellarmate or any other remote computer.

I have installed gphoto2 for my ultimate aim of wanting to control my Olympus camera.

After watching a YT video tutorial, I've created a new profile using the "Equipment is attached to Stellarmate" option (as instructed for my use case) and have left the Host: Stellarmate and Port: 7624 settings as is (no idea what these should be, as the auto detect button does nothing).

On the next page, I've selected "Canon DSLR" as the CCD and hit save.

On the main Ekos page, after selecting my newly created profile and starting INDI, I get an error of "Connection to INDI server at Host Stellarmate.local with Port 7624 failed".

What has gone wrong?

I'm a complete novice with Kstars, Ekos, and pretty much everything Linux related, so please bear with me.

Thanks

Kevin
1 month 1 week ago #99768

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Why are you selecting sellarmate if you're not using it? Simply create a new profile (local) and select GPhoto CCD along with the rest of the equipment. Not sure if that will work, depends on whether libgphoto2 supports your particular model over PTP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevin2
4 weeks 1 day ago #99978

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds