INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Use INDI driver for the FLI ML4240 camera

• Thank you received: 0
IDEX is shutting down FLI and not providing any support for customers who bought their cameras. The FLI driver that came with the camera has been acting up and not performing correctly so I am looking at the INDI driver for FLI cameras as a replacement for the original driver. I read through the page here:

indilib.org/devices/ccds/fli-ccd-filter-wheel.html

but am not sure I entirely understand it. If someone could give me some guidance I would greatly appreciate it. Initially, I have a few questions after reading that page:

1) It sounds like the INDI driver for FLI cameras only runs on Linux / Ubuntu and there is no Windows driver. Is that correct?

2) I am a computer novice, so I am a bit confused with the driver download page shown here:

www.indilib.org/download.html?

In my experience, when I access a download page, I would click on a button, a file would be downloaded to my Windows system, and I would click on that file to install the software. Instead, this page appears to be a list of procedural steps and computer commands. Could someone please run through what I should do on this page that would actually download and install the driver? I use Windows, but if this only runs on Ubuntu, I can install that first and then install the driver. I am just unsure of the proper procedure. Thanks!

Ed
2 weeks 1 day ago #100563

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The INDI drivers for FLI are only available for Linux & MacOS. There is no Windows support.
2 weeks 1 day ago #100568

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks. I had a feeling that was the case. I will have to install Linux on my system. If you don't mind, I have a question about the download and install process. Being a computer novice, I am used to downloading/installing software by clicking on a button and then clicking on whatever downloads. The instructions for downloading/installing the FLI driver from INDI shown here:

www.indilib.org/download.html?

Are not what I am used to. It seems more like a set of instructions and commands. I am not familiar with the language or terms used. Would you be able to explain a bit what that page is asking me to do, and the general procedure to do it? It would be a big help. Thanks!

Ed
2 weeks 1 day ago #100575

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds