INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

No control over OFFSET for Altair 290M

• Thank you received: 9
I am setting up for my first outing with Ekos.

In INDI Control Panel I cannot find any control called Offset. There is 'brightness' and 'black level' but I tried these and I discovered that neither of them affects the offset of the histogram of a bias frame.
It is possible, I would imagine, that this control has fallen through the cracks since INDI support for Altair cameras is relatively new. Perhaps a constant value is being set. Thankfully that value is perfectly fine for AP using Gain 200 but as you can see in the attached screenshots that the histogram of Gain 3000 is being clipped on the left-hand-side of the histogram. Although I don't image at such a high gain it would be nice, for the sake of completeness, to have control over Offset.

For CMOS cameras it is important to get the Offset setting right. Thankfully Offset is simply a function of Gain. From past experience with SharpCap I have determined that Offset 30 should be used with Gain 200. Also, as Gain is increased Offset should also be increased. I've determined all of these Offset values ahead of time using SharpCap.

Thank you.
5 years 2 months ago #34218
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds