INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Nikon 1 J4 with Indi and ekos

• Thank you received: 5
Hi all,

I tried to use my Nikon 1 J4 with ekos. I soon realized that if was not possible to set the shutterspeed and that the issue was with gphoto. I then contacted gphoto developer which was very efficient in supporting me. The latest commit of libgphoto now allows to set the shutterspeed on Nikon J4. I decided to try the new libgphoto with ekos, so I recompiled ekos on a Mac, using the script from rlancaste, modified by me to pick up the latest commit of libgphoto and not the stable release. Compiling was successful, but some issues still remains.

While I see the shutterspeed property under the capturesettings panel in Indi Control Panel, and I can indeed change the shutterspeed from there (before, the shutterspeed property does not even show up), when I try to change the shutterspeed in ekos, or try to use a Preset is the Main Control tab of Indi Control Panel, the capture is always done with the shutterspeed previously set in the camera (either by the camera own control, or using the capturesettings tabs). I disabled Force BULB (the camera does not support bulb mode).

Any idea of what's wrong?

Thanks
3 years 8 months ago #57823

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Following the Github discussion, looks like another update in libgphoto2 might be required?
3 years 8 months ago #57863

• Thank you received: 5
Yes, indeed I tried myself to rename shutterspeed to shutterspeed2 in libgphoto2 and it seems to work. I will try to solve this on github with Marcus. Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for the double post here, but the message did not appear for a while, so I retried. I did not find a way delete the double post from the forum.
3 years 8 months ago #57864

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds