INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

Best way to upgrade INDI versions?

5 days 17 hours ago
basilr
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Best way to upgrade INDI versions? #45552
What is the best way to upgrade INDI (1.8.1 to 1.8.2) that was compiled from source, running Raspian?

Simply download the new release and install as usual? (extract it to a new directory, compile, make install) ? Will this overwrite all the old stuff with the new stuff? Or is there some preparation needed before installing new?

Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 days 13 hours ago
Megiddo
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Best way to upgrade INDI versions? #45554
I'm hoping now that since we've moved to the native environment for EKOS, we can have an easier upgrade than down loading and writing out a new SD card. I tend to have to reload all my parameters (network, camera, scope sizes and the like).

But I've done it a few times and can do it pretty fast ;)

3 days 17 hours ago
sterne-jaeger
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Best way to upgrade INDI versions? #45607

Simply download the new release and install as usual? (extract it to a new directory, compile, make install) ? Will this overwrite all the old stuff with the new stuff? Or is there some preparation needed before installing new?

Maybe a backup before :-)

Yes, simply compile and install. Take care when setting up with cmake that you really overwrite the installation. The default is under /usr/local, so that it might happen that you end up with two installations - which can be very confusing.

Wolfgang

TSA-120 + FSQ-85 + GSO 150/750 | Avalon Linear + M-zero | Moravian G2-8300 + ASI 1600mm pro + ASI 294mc pro | KStars/INDI on Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspbian 10

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds