INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY5III462C vs usb2

• Thank you received: 31
I recently switched my guide camera to a QHY462 (aside - I am quite happy. I use the IR-pass filter, the bayer matrix is transparent at IR, so it functions as a high-sensitivity mono IR camera for guiding. Light years better than ASI120mm)

I wanted to use the usb ports on the CEM40 saddle, which are usb2. The camera has worked flawlessly for me so far using usb3.

Connected via usb2, however, images do not download. The Capture tab shows the image countdown, but no download countdown. The main Connection tab continues to say "Capturing". Once I click on Disconnect, the image downloads and opens (2nd screenshot below).

I was testing a couple of days ago and changed the usb speed setting. I was quite convinced that was the solution, because any setting below 30 resulted in no image, 30 and above worked.
Today, however, no images at all at any usb speed setting.

Is there some reason the camera should have issues with usb2?

File Attachment:

File Name: log_19-59-40.txt
File Size:75 KB
I recently switched my guide camera to a QHY462 (aside - I am quite happy. I use the IR-pass filter, the bayer matrix is transparent at IR, so it functions as a high-sensitivity mono IR camera for guiding. Light years better than ASI120mm)

I wanted to use the usb ports on the CEM40 saddle, which are usb2. The camera has worked flawlessly for me so far using usb3.

Connected via usb2, however, images do not download. The Capture tab shows the image countdown, but no download countdown. The main Connection tab continues to say "Capturing". Once I click on Disconnect, the image downloads and opens (2nd screenshot below).

I was testing a couple of days ago and changed the usb speed setting. I was quite convinced that was the solution, because any setting below 30 resulted in no image, 30 and above worked.
Today, however, no images at all at any usb speed setting.

Is there some reason the camera should have issues with usb2?

File Attachment:

File Name: log_19-59-40.txt
File Size:75 KB
2 years 3 months ago #79872
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds