INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos/Kstars crash on Ubuntu Lunar and MacOS with DSLR [SOLVED]

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, I experience crashes with KStars >=3.6.2 when attempting to connect to my indi driven DSLR device. It does happen sometime on the very first connection attempt and all the time I try to reconnect after the first crash. No effect if I restart indiserver or the device, I have to reboot the whole machine and cross the fingers. This does happen less often with older KStars releases. I tried to collect some logs with EkosDebugger (and installed the -debug packages) and found there were darks! I don't know if were corrupted files or what but I deleted the whole Darks folder and now it works flawlessy. Triing to recapture darks to see if the crash is back.

I hope this could help someone else, I lost two weeks in reinstalls, configurations checks and attemps :whistle:
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Alfio. Reason: some fix
9 months 3 weeks ago #93903

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
I am experiencing exactly the same issue on macOS and Ubuntu 22.04. The crash happens when the DSLR properties window pops up. On macOS I have a "darks" directory but it is empty.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93937

• Thank you received: 0
for reasons I don't know it depends (in my case) on the Darks library on the server, try deleting or renaming darks folder (if any) on your ubuntu indi server.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93938

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds