INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Rotator doesn't re-attempt pictures automaticallly?

• Thank you received: 12
Hey guys,

I used the rotator function with a mosaic I started for the first time in awhile. It seems to work better than before... but, it doesn't seem to follow up. When I start a scheduler based mosaic, it'll focus, then move to the align module where it checks the rotation angle on the first picture and adjust the positioning. I can watch it work through the rotation and it hits it's suspected target. But, it'll just sitting there at "Setting camera position angle to -155 degrees". It does let me hit 'capture and solve'; at which point it'll figure out it's either at the angle or not (within tolerances) and continue or re-try. Am I doing something wrong?

I attached logs.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_21-00-01.txt
File Size:42 KB
5 months 3 weeks ago #97172
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 74
I'm the author of the new rotator module and I suppose you hit a flaw.
I see you're using "Differential Slewing" and to my shame a have to confess, that I never did any tests with this option! Thus I can't rule out irrevocably a fault in the rotator module processing. Give me some time to analyze the situation. I'll report back.

BTW: What is the advantage of "Differential Slewing" with your mount?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Chris Madson
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Toni Schriber.
5 months 3 weeks ago #97184

I have a 10micron mount. It doesn't guide but uses a model of the sky to determine how fast it should track in both axis. You use differential slewing to prevent corrupting that model when you normally would sync and slew.

Thank you so much for the improvements in the rotator module. I moved and haven't use my scope in about 6 months. It's significantly improved.

I appreciate the troubleshooting as well.

Chriss
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Chris Madson.
5 months 3 weeks ago #97202

Hi Chris
As far as I could analyze the issue until now, there seems to exist a flaw in the main processing of the differential slewing even without rotator. (At least with telescope simulator!)
Did you try already this option with the rotator deactivated? (Uncheck "Automatic and Manual Rotator Control" in "Rotator Settings" too!)
5 months 2 weeks ago #97341

I have several log files that include the mount and align module activated. I was having trouble with the align module setting RA to ‘1’ despite the mount not being there. This wrecked plate solving due to the hint of course.

I did do two images without setting a pa angle. It didn’t appear to have an issue working through that.
5 months 2 weeks ago #97346

indilib.org/forum/mounts/14074-bug-10u-d...fter-connecting.html

This thread has more detailed logging from the last two nights. Includes 'mount' and 'align' module.
5 months 2 weeks ago #97358

Hi Chris
Thanks for your efforts! I think i have found the flaw in the align module with "differential slewing". A MR is underway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Madson
5 months 2 weeks ago #97360

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds