INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Differential Slewing and Alignment Module issue

• Thank you received: 12
Hey everyone,

Woke up this morning from using Stellarmate all night and had some issues with the alignment module. It appears that differential slewing doesn't have a fail safe or a check... unfortunately I wasn't logging the mount driver or the alignment module so I just know what it tells me. I had it set to check every 25 frames for an error greater than 1 arcminute. It did that; however it doesn't seem to slew back to the correct position when commanded and there isn't a double check that it actually achieved the slew as I'd expect.

I'll gather more data; you can see where it did work during the first half of the night (until 23:34). After that, it recognizes that it's about 1 degree off each time it checks (every 25 frames as directed), but doesn't verify that it actually slewed over to the correct location. I feel like there should be a 'did it actually do what I told it' check.

Times it ran after that:

I'll try it again tonight and turn on the logging. If there are other things I need on or if there is something I'm missing in the settings please let me know.

Chris

File Attachment:

File Name: log_17-21-25.txt
File Size:788 KB
5 months 3 weeks ago #97242
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds