INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars MacOS 3.6.9 Beta

• Thank you received: 812
So I do have some Parallels Virtual Machines on my home server and I thought I would just test it out on the older machines. We have been building for a minimum MacOS of 10.15 Catalina for awhile now, ever since craft and qt stopped supporting everything lower than those. You might remember when we had to make that change a couple of years ago. So I started by trying it on 10.15.2, and I just found that I encountered the same error you reported Peter. Then I tried Big Sur and found the same error. I tried Sonoma and found that it worked fine. So something must have changed in the last few months either with MacOS, craft, or QT that is causing this error. I don't think it is anything to do with KStars itself. It is possible I have to change something in the build script due to a change somewhere. First I need to see why even though I told it to build for a minimum of 10.15, why it's not working on anything less than Sonoma.
2 months 3 weeks ago #98636

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You can run Sonoma on a 2012 Mac?
2 months 3 weeks ago #98637

• Thank you received: 155
Yes, with OpenCore Legacy Patcher.
2 months 3 weeks ago #98640

• Thank you received: 155
2 months 3 weeks ago #98641

I found this just now: forum.qt.io/topic/149842/qt-6-5-2-build-...pdate-to-macos14-sdk. This looks related to the error we encountered running the KStars I build on anything but Sonoma. From this it sounds like the issue is something with the MacOS SDK and linking QT. This is a clue for sure.
2 months 3 weeks ago #98717

• Thank you received: 16
I'm clutching at straws here but could it be a reason I can't set up a build environment on Sonoma, either on Intel or Apple Silicon?
2 months 3 weeks ago #98720

If you are on an Intel machine running Sonoma there should be no problem running the script right now. I ran it a few days ago from scratch. That being said I did make a couple of changes when I found some small issues due to changes in craft and one package. So you might try it now since I fixed those problems. I can’t advise you on setting up an arm/silicon environment since my machine is Intel.
2 months 3 weeks ago #98721

That's great news. I tried it just now on an Intel Mac under Sonoma. It got way further than before but ultimately failed:
[38/469] Building CXX object indiserver/CMakeFiles/indiserver.dir/indiserver.cpp.o
FAILED: indiserver/CMakeFiles/indiserver.dir/indiserver.cpp.o 
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -DGIT_TAG_STRING=\"v2.0.6\" -DHAVE_CLOCK_GETTIME -DHAVE_LIBNOVA -DHAVE_TIMESPEC_GET -DWITH_ENCLEN -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/build/libs/indiserver/work/build/indiserver -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/indiserver -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/libs -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/libs/httplib -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/libs/indicore/. -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/build/libs/indiserver/work/build/libs/indicore/../.. -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/build/libs/indiserver/work/build/libs/indicore -isystem /Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/include -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O1  -Wall -Wextra -Wno-nonnull -Wno-deprecated-declarations -g -O2 -g -DNDEBUG -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.15 -fPIE -std=gnu++17 -MD -MT indiserver/CMakeFiles/indiserver.dir/indiserver.cpp.o -MF indiserver/CMakeFiles/indiserver.dir/indiserver.cpp.o.d -o indiserver/CMakeFiles/indiserver.dir/indiserver.cpp.o -c /Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/indiserver/indiserver.cpp
/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/indiserver/indiserver.cpp:2439:35: error: use of undeclared identifier 'MSG_NOSIGNAL'
        nw = sendmsg(wFd, &msgh,  MSG_NOSIGNAL);
                                  ^
1 error generated.
      ... several lines of build steps, then
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
Command ['/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/dev-utils/bin/ninja', '-j', '16'] failed with exit code 1
Action: make for libs/indiserver:master FAILED
*** Craft all failed: libs/indiserver after 2min 14s ***
fatal error: package libs/indiserver all failed
Craft stopped with out completing ['libs/indiserver']
I chose the default Qt5 during the Craft setup stage. Should I have chosen Qt6?
2 months 3 weeks ago #98722

No, I have never tried Qt6. I don't know that everything supports that yet (such as craft, KStars, build scripts, etc).

The error you got looks a lot like a bug in INDI. Just to see if this helps, you could try this in Terminal:

cd ~/AstroRoot/craft-root/ ; source ~/AstroRoot/craft-root/craft/craftenv.sh;
craft -vi indiserver

See if it is successful. You could also specify which version like this:

craft -vi --target stable indiserver
craft -vi --target master indiserver

Maybe one of them has a bug or maybe some issue with it on your machine. This can probably be fixed.
2 months 3 weeks ago #98724

I just did a search of my craft directory. I think this "MSG_NOSIGNAL" might be a part of Boost. Just an idea, it might help to install/reinstall something related to boost first:

cd ~/AstroRoot/craft-root/ ; source ~/AstroRoot/craft-root/craft/craftenv.sh;
craft -vi boost-headers
craft -vi indiserver

Not sure if boost-headers is what you need, but just a thought. I could ask Jasem or someone else, they might know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Francis
2 months 3 weeks ago #98727

Thanks for the help. I just got back from dinner and will try this.
2 months 3 weeks ago #98729

I tried the commands from your penultimate post. It failed on
craft -vi --target stable indiserver
with the same error.

Then I tried your last post. It was looking good with the first one:
craft -vi boost-headers

But it fell over with the second:
craft -vi indiserver

and with the same error:
FAILED: indiserver/CMakeFiles/indiserver.dir/indiserver.cpp.o 
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -DGIT_TAG_STRING=\"v2.0.6\" -DHAVE_CLOCK_GETTIME -DHAVE_LIBNOVA -DHAVE_TIMESPEC_GET -DWITH_ENCLEN -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/build/libs/indiserver/work/build/indiserver -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/indiserver -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/libs -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/libs/httplib -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/libs/indicore/. -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/build/libs/indiserver/work/build/libs/indicore/../.. -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/build/libs/indiserver/work/build/libs/indicore -isystem /Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/include -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O1  -Wall -Wextra -Wno-nonnull -Wno-deprecated-declarations -g -O2 -g -DNDEBUG -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.15 -fPIE -std=gnu++17 -MD -MT indiserver/CMakeFiles/indiserver.dir/indiserver.cpp.o -MF indiserver/CMakeFiles/indiserver.dir/indiserver.cpp.o.d -o indiserver/CMakeFiles/indiserver.dir/indiserver.cpp.o -c /Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/indiserver/indiserver.cpp
/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/indiserver/indiserver.cpp:2439:35: error: use of undeclared identifier 'MSG_NOSIGNAL'
        nw = sendmsg(wFd, &msgh,  MSG_NOSIGNAL);
                                  ^
1 error generated.

ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
Command ['/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/dev-utils/bin/ninja', '-v', '-j', '16'] failed with exit code 1
Action: make for libs/indiserver:master FAILED
*** Craft all failed: libs/indiserver after 14s ***
fatal error: package libs/indiserver all failed
Craft stopped with out completing ['libs/indiserver']
It looks like I'm much closer thanks to your help, but not quite there yet.
2 months 3 weeks ago #98730

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds