INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars MacOS 3.6.9 Beta

• Thank you received: 812
I just did a search of my craft directory. I think this "MSG_NOSIGNAL" might be a part of Boost. Just an idea, it might help to install/reinstall something related to boost first:

cd ~/AstroRoot/craft-root/ ; source ~/AstroRoot/craft-root/craft/craftenv.sh;
craft -vi boost-headers
craft -vi indiserver

Not sure if boost-headers is what you need, but just a thought. I could ask Jasem or someone else, they might know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Francis
2 months 3 weeks ago #98727

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
Thanks for the help. I just got back from dinner and will try this.
2 months 3 weeks ago #98729

I tried the commands from your penultimate post. It failed on
craft -vi --target stable indiserver
with the same error.

Then I tried your last post. It was looking good with the first one:
craft -vi boost-headers

But it fell over with the second:
craft -vi indiserver

and with the same error:
FAILED: indiserver/CMakeFiles/indiserver.dir/indiserver.cpp.o 
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -DGIT_TAG_STRING=\"v2.0.6\" -DHAVE_CLOCK_GETTIME -DHAVE_LIBNOVA -DHAVE_TIMESPEC_GET -DWITH_ENCLEN -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/build/libs/indiserver/work/build/indiserver -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/indiserver -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/libs -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/libs/httplib -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/libs/indicore/. -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/build/libs/indiserver/work/build/libs/indicore/../.. -I/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/build/libs/indiserver/work/build/libs/indicore -isystem /Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/include -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O1  -Wall -Wextra -Wno-nonnull -Wno-deprecated-declarations -g -O2 -g -DNDEBUG -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.15 -fPIE -std=gnu++17 -MD -MT indiserver/CMakeFiles/indiserver.dir/indiserver.cpp.o -MF indiserver/CMakeFiles/indiserver.dir/indiserver.cpp.o.d -o indiserver/CMakeFiles/indiserver.dir/indiserver.cpp.o -c /Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/indiserver/indiserver.cpp
/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/download/git/libs/indiserver/indiserver/indiserver.cpp:2439:35: error: use of undeclared identifier 'MSG_NOSIGNAL'
        nw = sendmsg(wFd, &msgh,  MSG_NOSIGNAL);
                                  ^
1 error generated.

ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
Command ['/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/dev-utils/bin/ninja', '-v', '-j', '16'] failed with exit code 1
Action: make for libs/indiserver:master FAILED
*** Craft all failed: libs/indiserver after 14s ***
fatal error: package libs/indiserver all failed
Craft stopped with out completing ['libs/indiserver']
It looks like I'm much closer thanks to your help, but not quite there yet.
2 months 3 weeks ago #98730

Ok so that was not it then. New strategy.

I opened my indi project in QT Creator and found MSG_NOSIGNAL in the code of indiserver.cpp. I right clicked on it and said to "Follow Symbol under cursor" and it took me to Socket.h which was in my Xcode sdk in this folder:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/sys/socket.h

It is there that this symbol was defined.

#if __DARWIN_C_LEVEL >= 200809L
#define MSG_NOSIGNAL 0x80000 /* do not generate SIGPIPE on EOF */
#endif /* __DARWIN_C_LEVEL */

I checked at the top of the indiserver.cpp file and indeed it says "#include <sys/socket.h>" so this file should be included and the symbol should be defined I would think. Do you have Xcode installed on your machine with the latest SDK?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Francis
2 months 3 weeks ago #98732

I have it on my main (Apple Silicon) machine, but the version on the Intel one is v.11.3 and can't be run under Sonoma. I'm updating it now. I'll keep you informed
2 months 3 weeks ago #98733

First thing to report -- that define did not exist in the X-code version 11.3 on the Intel machine. It does in the new version I downloaded. The build is ongoing. It's taking a long time, but hasn't fallen over yet. I've still got all extremities crossed !
2 months 3 weeks ago #98734

I did check, the line of code that caused your error was only added to INDI about 2 years ago it seems. Fortunately, as you observed it was recently added to the MacOS SDK.
2 months 3 weeks ago #98736

Yesss, it finished (took ages though - about 2 hours. I assume it will be faster on future builds.

It wasn't an unmitigated success, There were some failures, including these at the end:
83% tests passed, 5 tests failed out of 30

Label Time Summary:
stable      =  70.80 sec*proc (28 tests)
unstable    =  77.43 sec*proc (2 tests)

Total Test time (real) = 148.27 sec

The following tests FAILED:
	 10 - TestKSPaths (Failed)
	 13 - ArtificialHorizonTest (Failed)
	 17 - FitsDataTest (Failed)
	 26 - StarCorrespondenceTest (Failed)
	 28 - TestPlaceholderPath (Failed)
Errors while running CTest
Output from these tests are in: /Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/kstars-xcode/Testing/Temporary/LastTest.log
Use "--rerun-failed --output-on-failure" to re-run the failed cases verbosely.
Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code

note: Run script build phase 'CMake PostBuild Rules' will be run during every build because the option to run the script phase "Based on dependency analysis" is unchecked. (in target 'install' from project 'kstars')
note: Run script build phase 'Generate CMakeFiles/uninstall' will be run during every build because the option to run the script phase "Based on dependency analysis" is unchecked. (in target 'uninstall' from project 'kstars')
note: Run script build phase 'Generate CMakeFiles/ZERO_CHECK' will be run during every build because the option to run the script phase "Based on dependency analysis" is unchecked. (in target 'ZERO_CHECK' from project 'kstars')
** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	PhaseScriptExecution CMake\ PostBuild\ Rules /Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/kstars-xcode/kstars.build/Debug/RUN_TESTS.build/Script-003C8D08B0008F35F218E126.sh (in target 'RUN_TESTS' from project 'kstars')
(1 failure)

But overall I'm pleased I have something I think I can use. We'll see tomorrow -- I'm too tired now.

Anyway, thanks so much for guiding me through this!

Cheers,
Richard
2 months 3 weeks ago #98738

• Thank you received: 155
To get the filter wheel to work, you need to change from the old "ASI EFW" to "ZWO EFW" in the INDI profile.
2 months 3 weeks ago #98818

• Thank you received: 155
Rob, I got Sonoma to install on my 2012 MacMini, and it now runs KStars 3.6.9 Beta.

2 months 3 weeks ago #98819
Attachments:

Hi Peter,

Glad to hear it! After a bunch of experimentation on various virtual machines, I think that the issue might have to do with some of the binary files craft builds and maintains on their binary server to make building KDE software on MacOS take less time in craft. I think that there was some kind of significant change in memory addressing or a change in some of the library files on MacOS when Sonoma was released and if you don't specify that you are building for an older MacOS, the binaries are not compatible with an older OS. I found the same error that you found when I tried to run my new build of KStars on any virtual machine older than Sonoma, even Ventura. I then tried building in craft on an older machine thinking that if it was built on that OS, it should work on that OS. But in the middle of the build process, when it was trying to build QT tools, which used some prebuilt binary files, I encountered the same error you found when you tried to run KStars.app. That tells me it was not just the app built on my machine, but one or more of the libraries that were prebuilt by craft. Since I don't have time to dive much further into this at this time, I think for now we need to say the build is just for Sonoma systems.

Thanks for your testing and I am glad you got it working,

Rob
2 months 3 weeks ago #98824

Hi Richard,

Glad to hear it! You should now be able to have a good build environment!
2 months 3 weeks ago #98825

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds