INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Copying KStars setup and Ekos profile data

• Thank you received: 50
I'd like to duplicate the various equipment profiles I already use on one Raspberry Pi onto a second one by copying files across. Ideally I would also like Geographical location and GUI settings to be copyable without having to enter the details or set up the selections manually. Could someone please inform me which folders and files are involved?
2 months 2 weeks ago #99008

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
I'm guessing that this post might detail the directories of interest... indilib.org/forum/stellarmate/13955-copy...ellarmate.html#96543
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette
2 months 2 weeks ago #99009

• Thank you received: 566
For kstars, without Stellarsolver additions, I think the main things are:
~/.config/kstarsrc (I'm not sure of the difference between the single file ~/.config/kstarsrc and the directory ~/config/kstars so take both)
~/.local/share/kstars/userdb.sqlite
~/.indi (whole directory)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette
2 months 2 weeks ago #99010

• Thank you received: 10
Hi,

I wrote this down a longer time ago and scripted the task: I also like to back up all files in the home directory. I find rsync the most appropriate solution, because it copies only those files, that really changed. And thus I can back up via network. Though it is very powerful, it can also destroy a lot, you should carefully define the target directory. But, if you keep a backup, this is no problem.

Be careful not to overwrite the ekoslive directory. This can lead to trouble with the registration of the machine.

Since this is Debian based, you can also clone your installation packages with the super cow power of apt. This way I keep two stellarmate appliances, one is a StellarMateX (Intel ThinClient) and one is a Stellarmate OS (Raspberry Pi 4) in sync.

Only for experienced Linux users:
github.com/apos/kstars_scripts/tree/master/stellarmate

Cheers, Axel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerry Black, Avocette
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Axel .
2 months 2 weeks ago #99020

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds