INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos mount post flip procedure not trigged

• Thank you received: 9
Hi there,
I performed some tests of the Ekos automatic meridian flip in the situation of a mulitiple target session with the scheduler.
Everything woks fine when all steps (Track, Focus, Align, Guide) are requested, that is the post-flip procedure is clearly started (re-alignement, and guider recalibration) as stated in the log and the capture sequence is properly resumed. However, when the autofocus step is not requested for the current target when the meridian flip occurs, the post flip procedure is not triggered and the capture sequence is resumed before the mount flip has finished. The post flip procedure is not started at all.
I was able to reproduce the bug in both real devices (eqmod mount) connected to a remote raspberrypi and using indi the simulator device on a local indi server.

I am using ekos VM with the latest KDE update and latest indi and kstars from ppa.
Below are the detailed informations of my setup:
Linux ekos-vm 4.4.0-28-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jun 24 10:09:13 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
kstars-bleeding:amd64/xenial 5:16.04+r5890.2596~ubuntu16.04.1
libindi1:amd64/xenial 1.2.0+r2596~201608111140~ubuntu16.04.1

Sebastien
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 8 months ago #9623

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just to confirm. When you do NOT select the "Focus" step in the scheduler, you get this bug?
7 years 8 months ago #9624

Yes. This bug happens when I do NOT select the focus step in the scheduler.
Currently, I did not test if others select/unselect combinations of the four available steps make it happen.
7 years 8 months ago #9627

OK. Yesterday I spend some time to test again and again the meridian flip with lastest kstars-bleeding dated 08/16/2016. Finally I was not able to reproduce the bug anymore ! :woohoo: Everything woks fine regarding the meridian flip :P

I also got confused with my several the Ekos VM snapshots I made and noticed I rebooted snapshot dated form end July 2016 for which I confirm that the meridian post procedure is not triggered.

But from now, I think we can consider the issue as solved.
Thank you for all your efforts and keep up the good work ;)

Sebastien
7 years 8 months ago #9654

Time to create page: 0.896 seconds