INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Using post capture sequence scripts for EAA / live stacking

• Thank you received: 0
Does anyone here do EAA through kstars this way? I think you can feed images to siril that way. There's other linux based live stacker apps that can monitor a directory as well. I figure you can use scripts to help pipe images to a live stacker.

Does Stellarmate do it that way?
2 weeks 2 days ago #100587

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm still looking into using capture sequence scripts for EAA. I can't for the life of me find any official documentation on their usage, namely if or what arguments may be passed. If there are no arguments or special environment variables to access in the scripts their usefulness seems limited.

Right now I have 4 very thin scripts for each of pre job, pre capture, post capture, and post job. My plan is to use Siril commands to setup the live stacking when ekos starts a sequence and make a rendered jpg or something available on a local webserver. I'll make a webpage that refreshes automatically and chromecast that to my big tv, also prividing a url to share with friends. That would be cool for outreach as well.

Right now there's no integrated EAA / Live Stacking in kstars & ekos. Something like this could be a viable solution.

Can anyone here provide me with details on any possible script arguments? You would think some info about the target and sequence would be available.

Thanks!
1 week 19 hours ago #100737

• Thank you received: 29
Hi,
I had a similar thought and have made good progress on implementing it. In my implementation the live stacked image is returned to Ekos and shown in the image preview window on the Manager tab. This is almost ready for release but for one thing - I found a bug in Siril that makes it's piped command handling flakey. I've found the bug and submitted a fix to the Siril team but it's still awaiting review and then the next maintenence release of Siril (1.2.2).
1 week 18 hours ago #100738

That's great news, thanks for the reply. I really look forward to seeing your work when it's released. Can you provide me with any leads on what info is available to the scripts?
1 week 18 hours ago #100739

• Thank you received: 29
I didn't use Capture sequence scripts. All the KStars interaction for this is via DBus calls & signals. All the Siril interaction is via the siril_commmand.in & siril_command.out pipes.

What I do is test to make sure the Capture job queue is empty and then call the Capture start function. This creates a one frame preview job using the current settings (the same as clicking the Capture start button with no jobs in the table. Once the frame is received I pass it to Siril and watch for the stacked result. When that's ready I pass it back to Ekos for display and start Capture again. Repeat until stopped by the user.

If you want to go a similar route, learning about DBus is a good start. As well as reading around the subject I'd recommend the D-Feet and Bustle applications for manually interacting with and monitoring the DBus interfaces.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RubberToe
1 week 17 hours ago #100741

Time to create page: 0.988 seconds