INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos Site Info doesn't make sense

• Thank you received: 66
The manual and the mouseover info seem to be in conflict. What site info is being loaded??? the remote computer, the local computer or what I want which is the mount connected to a remote computer? When using Ekos at a dark site, the only device that has the correct time and location is my phone and my mount because I entered that info from the phone. The remote computer (RPi3) is completely off, and local computer (MacBook Air) has correct time but not location. How do you reconcile this??? Like I said, the mount has the correct info.
6 years 2 months ago #23543

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ah! I think I found the answer on your YouTube video “Part 5: Time, location & parking settings”. I have to try it later.

Thanks for the video. Very helpful!
6 years 2 months ago #23551

Unfortunately, "mount updates kstars" does not seem to work. It seems to be taking the time but not the lat/long (from the mount). The lat/long it coming from the kstars geographic setup.
6 years 2 months ago #23557

• Thank you received: 226
This is not an answer to your specific question, but you might consider these alternatives.
Firstly I used to send GPS information from my phone to the Pi over the WiFi network. That also updated the system clock. So that is possible if you want further information. However I got tired of that and recently installed the Adafruit Ultimate GPS breakout board to the GPIO pin's mini UART serial port. It's quite easy to install , is affordable and infinitely more convenient as everything works automatically.
6 years 2 months ago #23562

I have a GPS unit thats kind of old (serial interface) but may work in the RPi. I'll give it a try. Thanks again!
6 years 2 months ago #23563

• Thank you received: 226
Make sure the signal on the pins is only 3.3V. If it's 5V you could damage the Pi. So refer to the device's specifications.
I should also add that specifics on configuring GPSD to use the GPS receiver, and NTP to update the clock are not fully described on that installation page. It is not difficult to do however.
6 years 2 months ago #23564

Time to create page: 0.950 seconds