INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO AS294MC Pro together with QHY5L-II-C - Setup help

• Thank you received: 1
Hi,

On my first imaging session a couple of weeks ago I managed to get guiding (with my QHY5L-II-C guider) up and running, but my images from my imager (ZWO 294MC Pro) were only in 8bit.

Last weekend the weather finally cleared, so I got setup and selected 16bit Raw (instead of 8bit Raw) in the Indi configuration for the ZWO. Now I got color images when stacking in DSS, but my guiding didn't work as the QHY now only showed noise and static.

- For the QHY I'm forced to use 10 second exposures as I cannot select anything other than gain = 1 in the Indi configuration.

Should I do something special about USB speed or anything else? Both for the guider and imager. My guide camera is connected to the USB hub in the ZWO294MC Pro (as well as the mount). Only the ZWO is connected to my laptop via USB.

Another "funny" thing from last weekend:

- I couldn't polar align this time. No matter what I did. Sometimes I was told that the celestial pole was outside the scopes FOV and other times it worked as a first setup, but then failed when I tried again to get a more precise setup. I did a rough PA with the polar scope, which worked on my first imaging session. I polar align in Ekos using my primary scope and ZWO camera (which again worked like a charm a couple of weeks ago).

I can't remember if I updated KStars/Ekos in between the two dates. I'm currently away from my astro computer, so I can't check (same for log files).

Hope somebody can give me a hint or two.

Anders
SkyWatcher ED80 Pro
Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod with EQDIR cable
ZWO ASI294MC Pro imaging camera
QHY5L-II-C guide camera on 50mm guidescope
DeepSkyDad AF3 autofocuser
Raspberry Pi 4 4GB running Kstars/Ekos
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Anders Misfeldt.
4 years 8 months ago #42278

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
KStars is version 3.3.3.
Logfile is quite large (11MB). Should I upload it somewhere?

Anders
SkyWatcher ED80 Pro
Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod with EQDIR cable
ZWO ASI294MC Pro imaging camera
QHY5L-II-C guide camera on 50mm guidescope
DeepSkyDad AF3 autofocuser
Raspberry Pi 4 4GB running Kstars/Ekos
4 years 8 months ago #42282

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.469 seconds