INDI Library v1.8.6 Released (21 Aug 2020)

August 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.6 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Mosaic without rotator?

2 months 2 weeks ago
Deesk06
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Mosaic without rotator? #56655
Hello,

I am trying to test out the mosaic creator. If I do not have a rotator then what do I set the rotation value to? Is it possible to rotate to the framing I want and then create the mosaic off of that? If I go to plate solve and the rotation is off, will it fail to plate solve the image?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago 2 months 1 week ago by mhammady.
mhammady
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Mosaic without rotator? #56906
IMO I think you should have a look for the mosaic feature in EKOS planning. I didn't try it yet, but I plan to use it for big structures. You don't need rotation if you have GEM, but if you have ALT AZ mount, then you need to rely on the stitching software capabilities to stitch rotated mosaic and make sure you have enough overlap to cover the rotation based on your focal length.

indilib.org/support/tutorials/155-create...saics-with-ekos.html

- Mohamed

Celestron 8SE, Sky-Watcher HEQ5 Pro mount, Raspberry Pi 4 Kstars-Ekos-Indi server, JMI Motofocus
ZWO OAG with ASI120MM Mini (mono) guide, Canon T3i, ZWO EFW (LRGB), Celestron f/6.3 reducer

telescopius.com/profile/mhammady

2 months 1 week ago
Ihoujin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Mosaic without rotator? #56914
There are two ways to look at this.
Either plate solve to get the rotation in your setup and use that value in the mosaic tool. Or plan your mosaic with a rotation you like and attempt orientate your camera to that value checking it with the plate solver. Once close, you may create the mosaic jobs with the final true rotation value achieved as is the case in the first strategy.

If you do not have an equatorial mount, you will be limited by tracking field rotation.

INDI/KStars on Raspberry Pi 4, 4gb
Raspbian Buster with AstroPi3 script configuration
Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro Mount
Canon 600D Camera
Orion SSAG/ASI120mm @280mm Guide Scope
PHD2
Adafruit Motor Hat shield
Adafruit GPS Module
Generic Bluetooth Joystick.
Startech 7 port powered USB Hub.

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds