INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How do I turn off automatic rotation after a meridian flip?

• Thank you received: 158
Your rotator is in front of your OAG, filter wheel and camera. No need to redo flats after rotating. The whole optional train rotates, do flats are the same.
1 year 2 months ago #90559

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I wouldn’t mind the rotation after a flip, if EKOS could reverse settings as needed so I do not need to recalibrate the autoguider.
1 year 2 months ago #90560

• Thank you received: 7
flats may work or not. Indeed, in my setup should work. I've calibrated lights with rotated flats successfully. However if the optical train (it is not my case) vignetting changes when rotating (it may happen), flats need to be rebuilt. Furthermore, although lens dust bunnies are not directly visible, they may affect the way the light spreads across the sensor.
These reasons probably do not apply to my setup, though. However, I think it is safer to avoid any rotation; hence my question.

Regarding the autoguding, I'm using phd2 and it takes into account any rotation and applies the corrections accordingly. That should not be an issue for me. If you are using internal guider, then I honestly don't know.

m
1 year 2 months ago #90562

• Thank you received: 74
I usually perform a load and slew to center the object with a previous imaging session. If I'm using the job scheduler, I also usually use the "fits file" checkbox to perform the align with an image.
So, with this information, would ekos perform a rotation after a meridian flip? If so, is there any way to prevent it?

Hi Miguel
Did you experience such a behaviour with a rotator?
AFAIK, there will be NO rotation after the flip, unless you have a checked "Save PA to Job". If you do not do this , the mentioned procedure should not not trigger any rotation. There could be some problems, if you are using a fits file taken on pierside WEST using on pierside EAST or vice versa. (BTW in my new approach of "Rotator Settings" takes into account this possibilty.)
1 year 2 months ago #90564

Toni, sorry for not being so clear. I don't have the rotator yet. I'm planning to buy it. I want to anticipate any possible issue.
I see by the way you also have a falcon, but I don't want to hijack the thread :)
1 year 2 months ago #90566

Tony, you mentioned that the "Save PA to Job" in the rotator control window activates the rotator ahead of each capture job.

I'm looking at my rotator control window.. and I have no such option.
What am I missing?
Peter

1 year 2 months ago #90609
Attachments:

Tony, you mentioned that the "Save PA to Job" in the rotator control window activates the rotator ahead of each capture job.
I'm looking at my rotator control window.. and I have no such option. What am I missing?

Sorry Peter, I mixed it up with a new approach I'm working on ( invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/merge_requests/793 ). It's in fact "Add to Job" I was referring to. In some older versions of my approach I named it "Save PA to Job" to make things clearer.
1 year 2 months ago #90617

I just tried again on version 3.6.4 beta (Mac OSX) and the problem is still there.
After an automated meridian flip, EKOS realigned perfectly and then after it was done, it flipped my camera around,

1 year 2 months ago #90946
Attachments:

I hope you had logs saved?

EDIT: Never mind, I finally traced down the issue and it is fixed. Please try tomorrow again and let us know if that resolves the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Kennett
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
1 year 2 months ago #90952

Ok, Jasem found the problem, so I delete my message. Nevermind!
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Toni Schriber.
1 year 2 months ago #90953

Just out of curiosity, what was the problem?
1 year 2 months ago #90968

Check the very first post.
1 year 2 months ago #90969

Time to create page: 0.579 seconds