INDI Library v1.8.6 Released (21 Aug 2020)

August 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.6 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

HFR values

9 months 1 week ago
universalmaster
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Topic Author
HFR values #47098
Hi!

I think my focusing is not too good, judging from the FWHM values in my long exposure images, which is about 4-5". I use a 10" Newton with a ccd yielding 1.3 "/pixel. The guide module report about 1" corrections.

When focusing I can get down to about 1.75-2 HFR in ekos autofocus. Is this good enough/to be expected? What values do you guys get for sharp focus?

The optimal focus position also seems really flat, so I am suspecting that something is off in my system, but where to look is the question....

Best regards
Søren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 months 1 week ago
Ihoujin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
HFR values #47118
Hard to say. Your numbers could be erroneous or you could be under bad seeing. You can try your best at manually focussing and comparing results. A bahtinov mask can also show you how good the focus/autofocus was.
You seem confident in your guiding performance, but if not double check that the accuracy figgures are being accurately calculated properly with an accurate focal length set.

INDI/KStars on Raspberry Pi 4, 4gb
Raspbian Buster with AstroPi3 script configuration
Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro Mount
Canon 600D Camera
Orion SSAG/ASI120mm @280mm Guide Scope
PHD2
Adafruit Motor Hat shield
Adafruit GPS Module
Generic Bluetooth Joystick.
Startech 7 port powered USB Hub.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds