INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Something wrong - Raspberry Pi OS 64bit

• Thank you received: 50
@nou
I've been tryingo use your scripts to construct KStars 3.6.6 etc on RaspberryPi OS 64 bit bullseye to run on a Raspberry Pi 4GB. Until last week with KStars 3.6.5, all my devices functioned correctly. With the new version, both stable KStars 3.6.6 and latest 3.6.7 Beta, some of the attached devices are not recognised. In particular the guide camera 'ZWO Camera 2' and the focuser 'ZWO ASI EAF' To be certain that I havent done something wrong (and since I dont have a copy of the earlier installation using your script), I have replaced Astroberry with KStars 3.6.0 on RAspberry Pi OS 32 bits, and also the very latest version of AstroArch with KStars 3.6.6 on the Arch 64 bit OS. Both of these recognise all the attached devices.

UPDATE - it seems that the most recently updated version of Raspberry Pi OS bullseye is no longer recognising all USB devices attached to it.
I attach two screenshots - the first from the RPi OS where only four devices are listed in ‘lsusb’, and the second from Arch where all the devices are listed.

Further UPDATE - I have now located an earlier installation from June 2023 which features KStars 3.6.5. It also suffers from the same issue that not all USB devices are being listed by lsusb nor can be used in KStars. So the error seems to be back to the RPi OS …… reminds me when I was having USB issues with Astroberry a couple of years ago when RPi did a big upgrade of the Linux Kernel……. It took months to come good again.
Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Avocette.
8 months 2 weeks ago #95216
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds