INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Another ZWO EFW question

• Thank you received: 1
I haven't been using the observatory since August due to a major repair, so when I opened it up again now and updated to KStars 3.6.9 I had the same issue several others have been reporting where the ZWO filter wheel was missing. After some searching I found a solution that involved adding a custom driver, selecting the ZWO EFW driver entry but changing the Label option to "ASI EFW". Selecting this custom driver in the profile solved the connection issue, but my problem now is that even though the filter wheel is connected in the INDI control panel, it doesn't show up under "Filter" in Ekos' camera tab nor in the focuser tab. Also I get error messages from the INDI control panel saying "Error updating name of filters", but the filter names and order show up correctly in the control panel. I'm still pretty new to Ubuntu and I'm feeling a bit lost. Could it be there's a configuration file somewhere that is causing this?

Ginge
2 months 14 hours ago #99359

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No need for custom driver. Just select "ZWO EFW". This is not working by itself?
2 months 7 hours ago #99363

Replied by Ginge on topic Another ZWO EFW question

Hi Jasem!
It doesn't, that was what freaked me out. Selecting ZWO EFW by editing a profile ends up in a failure to connect. Deleting the profile and creating a new one with ZWO EFW does the same.
I have solved the "issue" with filter wheel not showing up under the camera and focuser tab, though. Once I'd established contact with the wheel using the custom driver, I thought it would automatically work also under those tabs, but I needed to select it there manually. My bad. Still getting error updating names of filters though.

g
2 months 4 hours ago #99365

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I also get the error about updating filters every time I connect. Seems not to matter but odd.

Magnus
1 month 4 weeks ago #99374

Replied by Ginge on topic Another ZWO EFW question

Hi Magnus! Did you notice when the errors started or did you always get them when connecting? Mine started with the 3.6.9 stable update.

Ginge
1 month 4 weeks ago #99396

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I had some more serious problems with my ASI EFW resulting in buying a new one. And in the process there I upgraded to latest stable. Since then, this happens. Running Kstars 3.6.9 now.

Magnus
1 month 4 weeks ago #99404

This has no effect on the driver itself but it was indeed a bug with INDI that is now resolved in GIT.
1 month 3 weeks ago #99496

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Euripides on topic Another ZWO EFW question

Things have gone really bad with this ZWO changes with INDI...

How could we proceed to update - resolve this issue?
1 month 2 weeks ago #99701

• Thank you received: 11
I get this message as well. As you say, it doesn’t seem to cause an issue as the filter names are correct afterwards.
1 month 2 weeks ago #99705

The message is fixed in GIT. It has NO EFFECT on the driver, so you can safely ignore. If it bothers you too much, you can always use INDI from GIT.
1 month 2 weeks ago #99706

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds