INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How can I avoid having to recalibrate every night with PHD2?

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I have noticed that with recent upgrades of Stellarmate, PHD2 now wants to re-do calibration every night. Not every slew but every time I restart the device. Is there a way to avoid this?

I have the checkbox in settings about "reset calibration after each slew" (or something similar) UN-checked. And re-use calibration checked in PHD2. Still I need to redo it. Anyone else having this experience? And how do I avoid it so I can re-use calibration? (scope and cameras are fixed not moved between sessions)

Magnus
2 months 2 hours ago #99370

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
Hm, weird, in my setups it’s working. Maybe a rights problem? Don’t exactly know where PHD2 stores its configuration.
1 month 4 weeks ago #99375

• Thank you received: 168
I noticed the same some time ago and did a bit of debugging it in PHD2 and it seemed to have something to do with how the automatic restoration of the calibration is run after connecting INDI devices, the state is not what it expects yet and it occasionally skips or discards the calibration. You can see this by the red cal text in PHD2. Manually restoring the calibration via menu tools -> modify calibration -> restore calibration data... restores it for that session correctly however, but is annoying if you forget to check it when starting PHD2. However, automatic calibration restoration has worked fine for me again the last few days I've tried, and there was an update to how INDI device connection is handled in PHD2 so that might have fixed it.
Last edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by Jarno Paananen.
1 month 4 weeks ago #99381

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds