INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

backup your INDI devices profiles, kstars options and PHD2 profile easily!

• Thank you received: 107
Hi,

I want to introduce you to the tool I use to keep backups and restoring them on new installation (or just to do a rollback), maybe it will be useful to you as well, doesn't require any config and works with simple commands.
For documentation and a demo have a look here github.com/MattBlack85/astro_monitor

As said, at the moment it backups:
  • Kstars options (color scheme etc)
  • Kstars profiles (optic trains and generic ekos profiles
  • INDI devices profiles
  • PHD2 profiles

astromonitor is multiplatform and doesn't care about OS (Debian, Arch, Fedora, Stellarmate), works on both linux and MacOS (BUT BE AWARE, MAKING BACKUP ON ONE OS AND RESTORING ON ANOTHER WILL MESS UP PATHS), works on ARM as well (raspberry) but only on aarch64, arm32 has been dropped because of incompatibilities with older glibc.

To install it, you have few ways:
  1. Grab a pre-compiled version at github.com/MattBlack85/astro_monitor/releases/latest and unzip it somewhere on the disk
  2. try the automatic installation script github.com/MattBlack85/astro_monitor/blo...in/README.md#install
  3. if either do not work, you can compile it and run it by yourself following this procedure github.com/MattBlack85/astro_monitor/blo...d#compile-it-and-run

the backup is kept on my home server for now, you can think of it as a cloud(ish) backup

Additionally, if you are connected to the internet and want to receive a telegram notification if Kstars crashes, it can do so

If you think there is more thing worth a backup drop the idea on github!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Stéphane Carlin
1 month 2 weeks ago #99730

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds