INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Aborting capture - and parking?

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I'm not sure if this is already doable, but here is my scenario: I leave the scope to capture for a few hours while I sleep. At times there are problems, like autofocus failing due to clouds and similar stuff. When this happens, the capture process is aborted - but the scope keeps tracking. And after a few hours, it reaches the limit, and starts beeeping. However, I sleep on the other side of the house, so it does not wake me up. But it disturbs the neighbours....

So my idea: is there a way to make Ekos park the scope on an abort? Or, to park the scope at a certain point in time, no matter what else has happened?

Magnus
7 years 7 months ago #10087

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812
I think it might already be able to do this using the scheduler. If you have everything running in the scheduler and then you set a condition of parking the scope upon termination that might do it. I cannot guarantee this since I haven't used the scheduler much yet, but I think that module was made to do things similar to what you are asking.
7 years 7 months ago #10091

• Thank you received: 32
This is why I use the scheduler when I sleep indeed. On an error it aborts and parks (if you set it to do so), I also use it to put in the end time of a session so that it can't reach its limit.
7 years 7 months ago #10093

• Thank you received: 62
OK, great! So I need to familiarize myself a bit with the scheduler. One thing there is that I tend to use PHD2 instead of the internal guider. Does that affect the way the scheduler works?

Magnus
7 years 7 months ago #10095

• Thank you received: 32
Good question, I'm using PHD to polar align, but not with the scheduler. It should, theoretically, work I guess. :)
7 years 7 months ago #10099

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds