INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Atik CCD has empty INDI Config.XML

• Thank you received: 53
I have been having problems getting my Atik 420 CCD to work reliably under INDI. I have no problems in Windows with Artemis.
The only thing I can see that is amiss is when I connect to the CCD in EKOS I get a message that the Config XML cannot be parsed. When I try to save the config the driver will often crash at that point.
When I look in ~/.indi the ATIK\ 420\ CCD_config.xml and ATIK\ 420\ CCD_config.xml.default are both empty (0 bytes)
Could this be part of the problem?
If so, how do I get a valid config.xml?
7 years 7 months ago #10127

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 174
This file contains saved configuration and is probably broken. Remove it and try to save configuration again. Peter
7 years 7 months ago #10131

Deleted the config files but still no good. Screenshot attached
7 years 7 months ago #10132
Attachments:

OK, try to run atik_ccd_test to make sure that it is INDI and not camera issue. Peter
7 years 7 months ago #10134

Sorted it.
I had already run atik_ccd_test and everything was reported as OK
Leading up this issue I had to reinstall Ubuntu 16.04
In doing this when I tried to start indiserver it would keep crashing on indi_atik_ccd with the libcfitsio3 problem
I hurriedly looked up the fix and found a post on this forum suggesting to download libcfitsio3 from Trusty. This stopped the crashing. But thinking it through I checked the libraries and seeing they had some differences I found another post suggesting a symlink for libcfitsio.so.3 pointing to libcfitiso.2.3.37
Once I did this I could save the configuration.
Seeing as I want to migrate to a Raspberry Pi running Ubuntu Mate I checked the Pi and found the same issues. So I created a symlink there also usingI just tried it out but I'm having the same problem there still - config.xml is empty and it wont save

EDIT: If I copy the config.xml from my AMD64 machine ti works properly. But if I try to save the config it just empties the file and stops working.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Ken Self.
7 years 7 months ago #10160

Unfortunately this libcfitsio issue is common problem for many recent distros, but you should be punished for using Linux :) In next version I'll link libcfitsio statically, I see no other solution for this.

I'll check also the problem with empty config file, but you can probably ignore it for now, there is actually nothing to save. Peter
7 years 7 months ago #10166

Hi, please can you check version 1.5 ( www.cloudmakers.eu/atikdrivers/ ), cfitsio is statically linked now. Peter
7 years 7 months ago #10201

• Thank you received: 223
Just updated to 1.5, the Atik Titan file is empty.

heidenrod@heidenrod-obs:~/.indi$ pwd && ls -la Atik\ Titan\ CCD_config.xml*
/home/heidenrod/.indi
-rw-rw-r-- 1 heidenrod heidenrod 0 Sep 13 20:49 Atik Titan CCD_config.xml
-rw-rw-r-- 1 heidenrod heidenrod 0 May 5 21:51 Atik Titan CCD_config.xml.default
heidenrod@heidenrod-obs:~/.indi$

heidenrod@heidenrod-obs:~/.indi$ dpkg -l |grep atik
ii atikccd 1.5 armhf INDI Driver for Atik cameras and filter wheels
heidenrod@heidenrod-obs:~/.indi$
7 years 7 months ago #10202

Yes, Jasem, is it correct, that if there is nothing to save, config file is empty and that driver will crash on load such file?

But the question was, if it does work independently on cfitsio version. Peter
7 years 7 months ago #10204

I tried out the new version on my Raspberry Pi running Ubuntu Mate. Deleted the symlink and restarted indiserver.
In PHD2 on the Pi and on my desktop it works fine.
On EKOS I was having problems getting data to download to the desktop but that may be something completely different. All I know is that with my ZWO ASI120I could download no problems. To ensure it wasn't just bandwidth I was 4x binning the Atik and had compression turned on but it just hangs waiting for the download to complete.

With the config file the driver does not crash but Ekos gives an error message saying it can't parse the XML file. There should always be something to save.
7 years 7 months ago #10257

Are you sure that you don't have this corrupted version of INDI and EKOS with incompatible Base64 encoding installed? Peter
7 years 7 months ago #10258

I think I have got to the cause of the issue with data downloads. Looks like it isn't the driver but a problem related to using PHD2 with remote camera.
I'll post the details separately
7 years 7 months ago #10299

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds