INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Post 3.0 thanks and one issue

• Thank you received: 139
First, a big thanks to everyone who's been involved in working on this software. As a Mac user, there are only a few programs that can fully automate a nights sessions, and EKOS has been really great. All the new additions to 3.0 have been wonderful.

I ran multiple schedules over the last two nights and I never had to intervene in any way, nor did the software crash or get caught in any kind of loop. To me, this is showing good progress.

Despite several flawless runs, I did have one issue. It came down to the focusing routine. Multiple times it grabbed double stars or stars that were really large, so the fine focus never got there. Despite the flawless runs, I had an average FWHM of 5.6, which is pretty blurry. Is there any way to tweak the algorithm or settings to avoid large stars and doubles? I was imaging on an RC, so the large star had spikes, which I don't think the focus routine knew how to deal with. I did notice one time it grabbed a double, and the focus routine failed, but then picked another star. I was happy with that fallback, but I've seen it regularly pick that double on this specific subject (IC410).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
5 years 4 months ago #32939

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Actually Eric told me he has the same issue and plans on working on it soon. We have the SEP algorithm option, but it's not yet configurable or highly tuned, so the results remain pretty much the same as the gradient algorithm, if not worse. So Eric might implement a solution soon to this or I might start working on SEP more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
5 years 4 months ago #32947

• Thank you received: 812
Thanks! We are all volunteers and astrophotographers just like you. I was in the same boat as you, stuck with very few options for Macs until I came across KStars, which at the time only worked on Linux, and realized its potential to be a truly awesome astrophotography suite that works on all platforms for free. So I started volunteering my time so we could have it on Mac computers too. Also I saw various things that I could improve on and volunteered my time doing them. It really has been worth it. Since I started using KStars and INDI, my astrophotography has really improved many times over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat, Jerry Black
5 years 4 months ago #32978

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds