INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY issues

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by JuergenN on topic QHY issues

Dont know if it helps, but here is my version of fxload (copy to /sbin/) Had to zip it for upload. Perhaps you can try it...

File Attachment:

File Name: fxload.zip
File Size:8 KB

I have to do more tests tomorrow (take some pictures) But FireCapture worked flawlessly, and Kstars / INDI started without crash, but I didnt took pictures with Kstars...
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by JuergenN.
1 year 2 months ago #90628
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Khalid on topic QHY issues

I don't think that will make any difference, because the one I have already identifies the camera correctly.
Also, the size and timestamp on your fxload are identical to the one I have (26776 and July 7, 2022).

My issue is with INDI, and I attached the debug output from ekosdebug.
Hopefully there is something in it that can help Jasem pinpoint the issue.
1 year 2 months ago #90629

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Khalid on topic QHY issues

Here is a comment that may help someone ...

The symptom is that a working QHY guide camera will not work, and the INDI driver will crash.

The issue is a mismatch between the fxload and indi-qhy packages as to where the fxload binary is.
This issue is in the stable, as well as nightly builds.

The fxload package has:
$ dpkg -L fxload | grep bin
/usr/sbin/fxload

But the rules file in the libqhy package has all the rules set with /sbin/fxload
$ dpkg -L libqhy | grep rules
/lib/udev/rules.d/85-qhyccd.rules

Example partial entry:
ATTRS{idVendor}=="1618", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0920", RUN+="/sbin/fxload -t fx2 -I /lib/firmware/qhy/QHY5II.HEX -D $env{DEVNAME}"

This prevents the firmware from being loaded.

Editing the rules file to change the path from /sbin/fxload to /usr/sbin/fxload makes the firmware loads successfully.

But I don't want to run the nightly packages, since they can introduce occasional bugs.
So, I purged all packages, and installed again from the stable PPA.

This time, the QHY camera worked out of the box with no editing of the rules file.

It turns out that this time around the fxload package is installed from Ubuntu's repo , not from Jasem's PPA, and it has the fxload binary under /sbin, as you can see in the file list .

Another thing that I did was to edit the Ekos profile (from Ekos main screen, the pen icon), to delete the QHY device, and re-add it again from the list, under the QHY heading.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat
1 year 2 months ago #90891

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by Miguel on topic QHY issues

I can confirm that linux mint 21 (ubuntu 22.04 based) is still shipped with the wrong fxload version. Fortunately I kept the version I built with mint 20 and works also for 21
6 months 2 weeks ago #96285

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds