INDI Library v1.8.9 Released (01 Mar 2021)

INDI monthly update. In addition to driver improvements, major code refactoring is in progress by @pawel-soja to modernize and improve INDI aging code.

New forum users, please go here first: indilib.org/forum/new-forum-users.html

QHY issues

• hy
  • hy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 255

QHY issues was created by hy

I recently encountered a few issues with my QHY5L-ii mono guidecam. I somehow managed to fix them, but am sending this because:
  • Perhaps it'll help others
  • I have no idea why these things might happen, solutions below are hacks, the problems may happen again, what might I do to prevent this?
  • I need to vent ;)
I'm running KStars/Indi/Ekos on the Nov 23rd Raspbian release: Linux raspberrypi 5.4.79-v7l+ #1373 SMP Mon Nov 23 13:27:40 GMT 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux, and running the latest kstars source.

Connection issues:
First off, when I tried to start KStars and connect to Indi, my QHY guide camera was not found. Of course I first suspected bad cables or a bad camera, but, testing those with my backup RPi worked fine. The backup was running older software (but the same Rasbpian release). I noticed that on the 'production RPi' the linux 'lsusb' command did not show the camera, but the 'usb-devices' command did. That gave me the idea that perhaps there was a bad udev rule (given my recent adventures with udev). I checked the differences in /lib/udev/rules.d/* between the two machines, and eventually suspecting gpio, I swapped in the older version of '/lib/udev/rules.d/60-rpi.gpio-common.rules and, sure enough (after a boot), the camera was now visible on 'lsusb' and indi now found the camera.

I wish that I could say all was working then, but...

Camera issues:
Though Indi could now connect and communicate with the camera, it failed to take a picture. I tried the '/usr/bin/qhy_ccd_test' program, and it connected, communicated, but couldn't download a picture either. Given the above paragraph, I again suspected something bad in the installation, and found and swapped in the drivers (in /usr/lib/arm/linux/gnueabihf/libqhyccd.so /usr/lib/arm/linux/gnueabihf/libqhyccd.so.20) from the working older setup to the newer setup. Happily, after doing that, things are working fine now.

Not sure what caused this to happen,
Hy
Orion Atlas Pro, William Optics ZS105, Moonlight V2 focuser
ZWO ASI1600, OAG & Filterwheel, Astronomik Filters, QHY 5L-IIm guidecam.
KStars/Ekos/Indi on RPi4 w/SSD
Ekos Projects: Terrain Backgrounds, Polar Alignment, Analyze, Linear Focuser, SEP MultiStar & GPG Guiding, FITS autostretch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joxda, Geoff, natello
3 months 1 week ago #65625

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Geoff on topic QHY issues

I am having the same problem however my set up is direct from my laptop, no RPi. It isn't the camera as it works in Firecapture so it is obviously the driver in KStars/Ekos. It worked fine on Tuesday not on Wednesday nights. I think that I may have updated the program on the Wednesday as I am having issues with a Meade dsi.
Not being computer savvy I don't know what I can do to fix this myself. I don't have a copy of the previous version of the driver either.
Any suggestions
2 months 3 weeks ago #66377

Replied by rafaelschlegel on topic QHY issues

I just have bought a new QHY5L-II mono.
I get errors while downloading
Build: 2021-01-08T10:53:30Z

2021-01-24T14:22:10: [INFO] Exposure done, downloading image...
2021-01-24T14:22:10: [ERROR] GetQHYCCDSingleFrame error (-1)

If someone has a solution for this problem, I would be very grateful.
2 months 3 weeks ago #66433

Replied by rafaelschlegel on topic QHY issues

I had the same Problem and saw that in another post.
Update your system and it shold work again.

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade
2 months 3 weeks ago #66434

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Francis3 on topic QHY issues

Same problem here with a 5L-II color
2021-01-24T18:27:50: [ERROR] GetQHYCCDSingleFrame error (-1)
Tried the update, tired the Nightly build and a few re-installs from the ground up, still no luck. Camera works in NINA on Windows and oddly enough will occasionally successfully get a picture after a very long download period if I just use the set exposure butting within the INDI control panel vs EKOS CCD interface. Was working great a week ago. On Ubuntu 20.04.1 if that helps any.
2 months 3 weeks ago #66436

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by joxda on topic QHY issues

I had the same problem, too. Replacing the QHY library as suggested by Hy fixed it — at least when test running the camera without anything else connected. When using with Ekos, the same problem persist when I use at the same time the INDI driver for the filter wheel QHYCFW2. When I disconnect it the camera takes again images happily.
2 months 3 weeks ago #66439

Replied by Geoff on topic QHY issues

I downloaded the nightly version, then did an general computer update which included the QHY driver. QHY guide camera working fine. Now to get the Meade dsi 111 driver g.oing
2 months 3 weeks ago #66447

Time to create page: 1.103 seconds