INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

PHD2, calibration, and pointing information

• Thank you received: 12
Hi

my setup an iExos-100 mount hooked up to astroberry running kstars/ekos with phd2 for guiding.

Now this works generally fine. I tried doing a mosaic the other day for the first time and while the resulting image wasn’t any good ( due to the learning curve of using the scheduler for the first time and starting with a mosaic of 6 panels) it did actually work. However I noticed that each time it moved to another panel PHD2 did its calibration process. I’ve now noticed this happening quite frequently even when I’ve not moved where I’m pointing and just got PHD2 to select another star. I’ve got PHD2 set to reuse its calibration when it can so I’m not sure why it’s doing this.

According to the phd2 docs ascom and indi mount drivers will tell it where it’s pointing which I assume it uses to determine whether to calibrate or not. It seems to know I’m far from the meridian/ecliptic when I’m calibrating but when I’ve tried doing that and then moving to my target it seems to want to calibrate again (must admit due to buildings and trees I’ve only had a quick stab at doing that)

Is the mount/indi/ekos not reported something to phd2 that it needs or is this normal?

Regards

Nigel
1 year 3 months ago #89779

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
Was looking through the indi server logs and noticed a message there saying reset calibration was set and as I was using phd2 then perhaps it shouldn’t be (paraphrasing a bit). Looks like ekos might have been telling phd2 to recalibrate after every slew even though I had phd2 to try and reuse its calibration. I’ve now set both ekos and phd2 to not recalibrate and to try and use existing calibration where possible. Hopefully this will fix things, just need a clear night to test it out.
1 year 2 months ago #89935

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds