INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron CGX Connection to INDI

• Thank you received: 0
I'm new to kstars/ekos/indi. I reviewed the forum and didn't find an answer. I'm having trouble connecting indi to my celestron cgx mount. If I connect ekos/indi to the cgx mount thru the nextstar hand controller, kstars correctly reflects that my mount is pointed to the NCP. If, however, I connect ekos/indi to the mount via the PC port, it connects but does not reflect my scope position correctly. It thinks it is pointed to the north horizion line.
Any ideas? Thanks
11 months 5 days ago #92991

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Did you use "CGX Wired" driver when connecting to PC port?
11 months 5 days ago #92997

• Thank you received: 2
Having been away for a while I could not connect to my CGX via INDI/Ekos and discovered that, in the pull-down menus, there are now several CGX connection choices. When I selected the "HC" choice all worked as before.
I am interested in using the PC port on the CGX so I connected a USB-B cable to the PC port with the other end connected to my USB distribution box. When I tried to connect via Ekos the program said something like can't make contact with the Az/El motors and finally gave-up. I noticed on SM there are two devices created in the /dev directory: ttyAMA0 and ttyACM0. When I tried explicitly putting those values in the connect box for the CGX there was still no joy.
Thanks,
Bob
5 months 2 weeks ago #97119

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds