Problem with Losmandy G11 and Gemini 1 controller #1148
Hi, I have been trying out INDI on Ubuntu 14.04 to control my imaging system. It all works fine for the camera, guider and filter wheel but I cannot control the mount. I have used both the Losmandy Gemini and the LX2000 basic drivers with the same results. I can read the position of the scope in KStars but I can't command the scope to move, sync, or anything. I have checked permissions on the device (FTDI usb to serial) on /dev/ttyUSB0 and I am a member of the dial out group. The cable works correctly when I use ASCOM on Windows XP so I know that the mount is able to accept commands via the usb-serial device. Does anyone have a suggestion for what I can try to make this work?
Problem with Losmandy G11 and Gemini 1 controller #1149
If you can read position then it's not a permission issue. Can you try using indi_lx200generic driver and enable DEBUG under Options tab and send in the results? When debug in enabled, make sure to tick all options under DEBUG and LOGGING as well, you can also ask it to save it to a file. The output from INDI server would be useful as well.
Problem with Losmandy G11 and Gemini 1 controller #1156
OK, I have some progress. I removed all my real hardware and switched to using simulators for cameras, filter wheel and focuser so that I didnt introduce any hardware specific distractions to the mount connection problem. I didnt find a driver called indi-lx200generic so i used indi-lx200classic. This driver gave a couple of errors which i assume are because im not using a true LX200 Classic mount:
2014-05-16T12:02:39: Failed to get tracking frequency from device.
2014-05-16T12:02:39: Failed to retrieve time format from device.
but it did allow me to control the mount. I noticed that some commands gave no completion message e.g. when i issued a Park command, the mount did go to the park position but the indicator on the INDI Control Panel just stayed yellow and there was no message to say that Park had completed.
I tried again with both indi-lx200basic and the Losmandy Gemini drivers and with both I got the same result:
2014-05-16T12:35:25: Telescope is online. Retrieving basic data...
but nothing else happens.
It looks like I can use the LX200 Classic driver but it doesnt seem to be completely working.
The session logfile didnt have much:
INFO 166.101188 sec : Session log file /tmp/indi_lx200classic_2014-05-16T11:59:12.log
DEBUG 178.502915 sec : Configuration successfully saved.
DEBUG 207.374540 sec : Configuration successfully saved.
DEBUG 207.374783 sec : New JD is 2456794.000000
INFO 207.838795 sec : Time updated, updating planetary data...
DEBUG 1372.951304 sec : Configuration successfully saved.
DEBUG 1372.951568 sec : New JD is 2456794.000000
INFO 1373.406297 sec : Time updated, updating planetary data...