INDI Library v1.8.3 Released (02 Jan 2020)

Minor monthly bugfix release with a new RainbowAstro mount driver and improved pier side simulation.

Boxdoerfer Dynostar Mount Control

1 month 2 weeks ago
RvB
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Boxdoerfer Dynostar Mount Control #47818
Hi@All!

Is anybody using one of Sigurd Boxdoerfers Mount Control ?

If yes, what driver do you use ? In the Moment I use the LX200 Basic, with basic functions.

CS
Reiner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 4 days ago
wildi
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Boxdoerfer Dynostar Mount Control #49581
Hello Reiner

I'm using a DynoStar X3 together with LX200 Classic or Astro-Electronic FS-2 (because LX200 Classic is not on Ekos' list of mounts). The DynoStar X3 controller has a very limited support for the LX200 protocol, e.g. it is not possible to set time and location, but it supports the move commands (:MX#, :QX#). These commands are available in LX200 Classic.

Since I use an EQ6 mount and a STF Mirage 8 Maksutov on our balcony the X3 is ok. This controller can not be used if the mount should be remotely controlled.

Kind regards, wildi

P.S. I got hold of a Boxdörfer PowerFlex MTS-3 alias Sinus II. After while I found even the manual and the source of its ASCOM driver.

DynoStar X3 supported items:
ACK :GR#, :GD#, :Mn#, :Ms#, :Me#, :Mw#, :MS#, :Qn#, :Qs#, :Qe#, :Qw#, :Q#, :RG#, :RC#, :RM#, :RS#, :Gr#, :Gd#, :Sr ...#, :Sd ...#, :CM#, :U#

1 week 1 day ago
RvB
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Boxdoerfer Dynostar Mount Control #49843
Hi Wildi!

Thanks a lot.

I use the basic, with the classic i get a lot error-massages.
I´m using Astroberry, there I don´t find the FS2.
It´s really sad, that Sigurd is not working any more on that controller. It is a very good piece of tecnique. Never had any issue with it.

CS
Reiner

5 days 47 minutes ago
wildi
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Boxdoerfer Dynostar Mount Control #49981
Hello Reiner

can you please post the error logs of your indi_classic driver/Dynostar set up? Ok, in case the driver sends commands other than specified in my previous post, there will be error messages. But they don't do any harm.

The INDI FS2 driver is buried in the Profile Editor dialog, Select Devices, Mount, Others Astro-Electronic FS-2.

Kind regards, wildi

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds