I swapped out my scope for a narrower FOV. I used this combo a year ago with NO issues.
Gear used:SW 8" Quarttro (f/3.9), ZWO ASi183MM Pro, SM version 1.7.0 (32 bit).
Everything works except the Plate solving. FOV is correct, camera correct....... What doesn't work is plate solving. I get a message "Not enough stars to solve". For the first time I attempted to start "Log", but that doesn't work either!
have you tried solving the fits file using say astap on your pc or astrometry online? The file used by the alignment tab will be in /tmp and have a name matching solve*.fits. As it’s /tmp thus will probably have got cleared out if you’ve restarted since (I’m basing this on my experience with linux on my astroberry)
Last time this occurred to me, the issue was simply poor focus. Although I could see recognisable stars, the fainter ones were not discernible and the larger ones were small donuts. Sometimes it is a catch 22. You need to align to a star to focus, but it's hard to align until you are in focus.
INDI/KStars on Raspberry Pi 4, 4gb
Raspbian Buster with AstroPi3 script configuration
Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro Mount
Canon 600D Camera
Orion SSAG/ASI120mm @280mm Guide Scope
Waveshare Stepper Motor Board - DIY Focuser
Adafruit GPS Module
Generic Bluetooth Joystick.
Startech 7 port powered USB Hub.
Yes Ron, I tried both the Ha and Lum filters at 1x1, 2x2 and 3x3) Even at 2x2 with a 15 second exposure I had all sorts of stars in the fits view. I even tried a old OS (v1.6.2) and it still wouldn't solve with the same response "Not enough stars to solve".
Since I last tried it under a good imaging sky, the weather has turned miserable. I haven't seen the Sun or a star in 12 days now! Snow and clouds dominate the sky!
Questions about what you've tried? I'm sure you probably have these covered...
Good focus - tested with a bahtinov mask?
Are the stars pin-point at 100% zoom with your exposure?
Did you try the (large scale and) small scale stellarsolver model alternatives?
Are you indexes now appropriate for this FOV?
120 MM Skywatcher Esprit + Celestron CGX, ZWO ASI 224MC guiding, Pegasus FocusCube+PPBA
Nikon Z7 8256 x 5504 4.34 um. Triad Ultra Quad Filter
1) MeLE Quieter3C 8G Ubuntu-mate 22.04.1 2) Odroid-N2. 3) StellarMate RPI4 8G
The good, the bad, the ugly at www.sciencedowneast.com/zenphoto/
Im having similar issues after swapping out my 71mm/f4 refractor (WO GT71) rig to a 152mm/f10 SCT (Meade 6" LX65 OTA ACF).
Both rigs use OAG with primary cam ASI533MC (OSC). Both rigs autofocus well.
I ensured all index files needed and recommended are available. Tried each of the 4 options profiles but did not alter
any for the scale & position or align options profiles editor settings. Plate solve success is hit and miss. M3 or M13, no problem
but bright stars such as Mizar will not solve accurately or not at all even after prior successful solves for different targets as part
of building a mount model.
HEQ5 (belt mod)
ASI533MC Pro, ASI385MC-Cool, ASI120MM-mini, ASI178MM
Meade LX65 6" ACF SCT (OTA), William Optics GT71, WO PFlatA6III, ZWO IR/UV cut
MoonLite CS 2" SCT, MoonLite High Res Stepper Motor V3, ZWO EAF, ZWO OAG, Hercules OAG
Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi4B+ 8Gb, Pegasus PPBA