INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Positioning of windows on initial mopening

• Thank you received: 6
I am running Stellarmate v1.8.1 on an rpi4 and using a Macbook air and noVNC to control it. I do not use the mount control button in the mount window often but a couple of days ago I did and while a mount control tab opened in the white band at the top of the screen the window was nowhere to be found. Despite closing all windows to see if it was behind one, no luck. I got around it by using an iMac to noVNC into Kstars and found the mount control window way over to the right of its screen. Moving it to the centre and then accessing via the Macbook air solved the problem. My question is, can anyone tell me how to 'freeze' the position of a window so that it always opens in the best place on startup. Thanks for any help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R Dan Nafe
1 month 1 week ago #99826

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ideally, the Mount Control Panel should appear directly below the button in Ekos. Controlling window position depends on the desktop environment and with Raspberry PI OS , I don't think there is support for forcing specific window location (unlike KDE which provides this capability). However, unless your resolution is small, it shouldn't randomly place the window at the corner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R Dan Nafe
4 weeks 1 day ago #99973

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds