INDI Library v1.8.7 Released (21 Nov 2020)

Nov. 2020 Release brings significant improvements to streaming and recording videos. Support for new drivers including Estatto focuser and Pegasus falcon rotator.

Yet another noob question - GPS in mount - connect with Ekos?

9 months 3 weeks ago
Vinito
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Yet another noob question - GPS in mount - connect with Ekos? #49138
Hi folks.
I have an Ioptron CEM25P mount and it has GPS built in to it. Ekos connects to the mount just fine and it syncs to the coordinates and motion control appears to work just fine. I'm really happy with all that actually.
But Ekos doesn't seem to automatically pick up the GPS from the mount. I ended up getting a GPS dongle because I can use that in a different project anyway. The dongle works fine and is automatic since I picked the GPSD driver in the configuration. But it would be a more tidy setup if Ekos could connect to the mount's GPS instead. Seems silly to have a redundant GPS module if I don't have to.
Is there anything special I need to do to enable the mount's GPS rather than the dongle?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. The answer is probably something stupid simple, but I'm just that kind of idiot not be able to figure it out. Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 months 3 weeks ago
starman345
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Yet another noob question - GPS in mount - connect with Ekos? #49166
Hi, I have the CEM25P, In Kstars -> settings -> configure Kstars -> INDIE I have "mount updates Kstars" selected and the time and location boxes ticked. That seems to do the trick for me. Sometimes I need to wait for the mount gps to get a lock before the data appears. In the CEM25P handset , gps shows as "on" when powering up, it should show as "ok" after a lock. Hope this is helpful.

-Brian

Kstars-Ekos-INDIE
NanoPC-T4 - Armbian Ubuntu 18.04
iOptron CEM25P mount
Photoline 80mm triplet
ZWO ASI294MC Pro Imaging camera
ZWO ASI290MM mini Guide camera

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds