GPSD Crashing After Update to StellarMate 1.5.3 via Beta Channel #57087
I opened a ticket with StellarMate, but figured that I would post here as well to see if anyone has had a similar experience.
I recently switched from the StellarMate stable to the beta channel to address an issue that I was having with camera shutter control behavior on 1.5.2. After upgrading to 1.5.3, the GPSD driver now crashes at start every time I start Indi and try to connect to my devices (it fixed my camera issue though). I had GPS working just fine under 1.5.2, so I know that the GPS device I am using is supported and functional.
I attempted to enable logging, but no logs are produced in the log folder when the crashing occurs. I went so far as to even do a clean install of 1.5.2 and upgrade it to 1.5.3 before configuring any equipment to rule out an incompatibility with my previous configuration files after upgrading.
GPSD Crashing After Update to StellarMate 1.5.3 via Beta Channel #57133
Thanks so much for the help! My USB devices are as follows:
/dev/ttyUSB0 - FTDI USB cable for EQMOD mount
/dev/ttyUSB1 - FTDI USB interface for Kmtronic USB relay for camera shutter
/dev/ttyACM0 - Mapped to /dev/focuser via StellarMate Serial Port Assistant for Celestron focus motor
/dev/ttyACM1 - Mapped to /dev/gps via StellarMate Serial Port Assistant for USB GPS dongle
GPSD Crashing After Update to StellarMate 1.5.3 via Beta Channel #57138
Let’s check the status of GPSD.
Use: sudo systemctl status gpsd
Crashes when loading usually means the driver is expecting it to be at one port but the port is taken. In .indi at the root of /home/stellermate/.indi has the indi_gpsd. XML file. Use geany to open the file and see which port it thinks it is supposed to see. Look for ttyACM. Currently, gpsd is at ttyACM1.