INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Possible issue between Big Sur, Stellarmate and VNC

• Thank you received: 1
Yesterday I updated my MacBook to the Big Sur OS.

I am finding some very annoying issues with entering information into Stellarmate from VNC connections.

I was having an issue with ports registering correctly with the Stellarmate device.

1) Someone on the Cloudy Nights forum suggested that I enter a script into the Stellarmate terminal. I tried everything I could think of but could not enter in the alpha numeric text. Nothing would type. I tried this in several VNC browsers; Real VNC, Apple's screen share, the NoVNC link from the Stellarmate Web Manager.

2) I thought that there may have been a bug fix issued for this problem so I attempted to update the version of the Stellarmate software. A prompt for the password popped up. In this box I could not enter anything. (I know this should have worked as I did one update earlier).

3) This morning I got into Ekos and attempted to enter a new equipment profile. As I started to enter the new name I needed to have a space between the name when I hit the space bar a right click style menu popped up. I tried to save this and close out the profile generator but I could not. This is now locked up and it doesn't matter what I've tried I can't get out of the profile generator screen. I am dead in the water.

I would 1st blame the Big Sur update. This isn't the only issue I am running into. I am also having an issue with Astro Pixel Processor.

I'm helping that someone might be able to help me with these issues.

Is anyone else running into similar problems with the Big Sur update?
3 years 5 months ago #62901

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just a little update. Not that it is any particular help to me; I discovered that by connecting directly to a monitor with the Stellarmate device the above issues are not happening. I can type freely in the different Stellarmate interfaces without any lockups. I also submitted the Stellarmate software update.

I am glad for one thing and that seems to prove that the software end of Stellarmate at least wasn't suspect. The issue appears to be completely on the Mac OS end. I will likely contact Apple Care and they will at least know about the above issues.
3 years 5 months ago #62906

• Thank you received: 16
I have a MacBook Air and recently updated to Big Sur as well. I use KStars/Ekos on the MacBook and connect to the StellarMate remotely through the app, not VNC. All seems to work fine. I'm running Beta on both - 3.5.0 on the MacBook, and recent nightly on the StellarMate. Have you tried this method? I'll try the VNC method later and report back.

UPDATE: I just tried a VNC connection with Safari on Big Sur. Tried KStars, windowing, terminal commands, etc. All works fine for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Imm
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by AirBourn. Reason: Added the VNC comment.
3 years 5 months ago #62907

I still likely have an issue here, but it might not be with the Big Sur update.

I connected Stellarmate directly to a monitor. I did not have the issues as before.

I reconnected back to the combination of DC powered Jackery /Pegasus Pocket Powerbox/ and lastly the Stellarmate. I still did not have any issues. I now was able to reconfigure one of my USB ports which I couldn't before.

I know that sooner or later I will run into the cause as I reconnect the rest of my devices or when I plug the Jackery into an AC outlet.

The good thing is that Big Sur might not be the over lying issue.
3 years 5 months ago #62928

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds