INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Add "alignment every x minutes" to Capture Tab in EKOS

• Thank you received: 16
For whatever reason, dithering my images tend to move more to one side than another. After a couple of hours, the image has moved considerably off center. It would be great to add an option to the "Capture" tab (like focusing) that allow you to realign the image periodically.

Seems pretty straight forward... but I'll let others chime in.

Thanks,

Ron
1 year 9 months ago #83845

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 155
YES! I have found that using an EAF focuser can also add tiny shifts in the image, as well as dithering. Having EKOS realign the target after every X exposures (if a quick plate solve found that the image shifted more than Y arc seconds) would be great. I see this feature in the scheduler but I would like it in the capture tab as well.
1 year 9 months ago #83852

This is already supported when using scheduler, it can configured to check alignment every N frames in Settings --> Configure KStars --> Ekos --> Scheduler
1 year 9 months ago #83854

Jasem,

Thank you! However, for consistency, wouldn't it be better placed in the Capture tab? Even though I use Scheduler, it would be better not to not have that be a prerequisite.

Ron
1 year 9 months ago #83877

• Thank you received: 133
Then you'd have to store the (original) center coordinates somewhere in the capture tab. AFAICS that is currently not the case, so it makes things more complicated....
(I'd well appreciate that though, as I'm not using the scheduler most of the time....)
1 year 9 months ago #83880

• Thank you received: 155
Like you Peter, I just use the capture tape 95% of the time too. When I need to make sure my target is still centered I just go back to the alignment tab and perform a slew to target. Since I used that tab to align the target in the first place, the target data is already there. Perhaps EKOS could just call that same routine every x exposures. If no target was available, then the option could be greyed out.
1 year 9 months ago #83881

Yes, I would expect it to use the same coordinates or object that was used in the Alignment tab... just like it uses the focus limits, process, mechanics, etc. from the Focus tab.

Also, guiding limits are established in the Capture tab as well.

It would be cool to have one place that you set all of the things that control the quality of the capture... image info, focus, alignment and guiding... IMHO.

Ron
1 year 9 months ago #83882

• Thank you received: 133
Those are real settings. The position isn't a setting in the align tab, it gets that info from the sky map the moment you trigger an alignment. And it is not guaranteed that that would stay on the initial target. You could have pointed somewhere else to look for another target. Or 'Lock Telescope Center' could be active and the target would always follow the mount pointing.....
1 year 9 months ago #83884

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds