INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

Polemaster in KStars

2 years 8 months ago
Kevin
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Polemaster in KStars #14447
I am trying to transition to Indi from Windows and Polemaster is on my critical path...
I have to say the QHY software is great - it takes you step-by-step through capture/solve/adjust sequence so a Linux version would be very welcome. (Its all done in 5 minutes max )

On the comments about FOV - yes, the FOV is big on the dedicated QHY polemaster cams, but having this routine available for people with these cams would be a huge first step..
In any case, I often do a quick-and-dirty adjustment first using the polarscope and one of those NCP location apps. I think this should get polaris in the FOV for most finder scopes. I take the point that solving may require a large FOV. However, if sharpcap are advertising it I presume it can be made to work for sufficiently small finderscopes - indeed on their site it says "A field of view in the camera of between 1 degree and about 2.5 degrees". I reckon a lodestar on a William optics 200mm finderscope has an FOV just short of 2deg.

many thanks

Kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 4 weeks ago
TomTuttle
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Polemaster in KStars #43270

Kevin wrote: I am trying to transition to Indi from Windows and Polemaster is on my critical path...
I have to say the QHY software is great - it takes you step-by-step through capture/solve/adjust sequence so a Linux version would be very welcome. (Its all done in 5 minutes max )

Having just got my Polemaster a couple days ago and barely had any time with it. I did want to point out that there is a Linux version.
Download: www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=ind...atid=136&id=32&cut=2
Directions: www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=ind...atid=136&id=32&cut=2

I have not tried it (YET) so as they say YMMV.

1 month 4 weeks ago
Ihoujin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Polemaster in KStars #43278
You should be able to use it with the Polar Alignment Assistant tool found in the align module in it's stock configuration.
I have accomplished something very similar with an ASI 120 with a 50mm lense (same FL as polemaster) mounter on the RA axis.

INDI/KStars on Raspberry Pi 3B+
Lubuntu 16.04
Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro Mount
Canon 600D Camera
Orion SSAG @280mm Guide Scope
PHD2
Adafruit Motor Hat shield
Adafruit GPS Module
Generic Bluetooth Joystick.
Startech 7 port powered USB Hub.

1 month 4 weeks ago
calberts
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Polemaster in KStars #43320
Hoi

Depending on the use of Kstars, When you use connect remote to you raspbarry, the following solution can also be used
Which i have done www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=ind...show&catid=30&id=223 before i start Kstars i can start Polemaster software.

Install Polemaster on your Raspberry Pi mate

Chris

Time to create page: 1.052 seconds