It's working now. I ran a couple of jobs overnight (first clear night in a long time!), and in the morning while I was transferring images, I started experimenting with the indi_getprop and indi_setprop on the command line. I don't know if that cleared out some buffer or initialized something, but it's working now. The script execution is reported in the status and the path stays in the Scripts Manager. The Pre-Capture script works for Previews, too. (In the case below, the script actually fails because I wasn't running the Simulators, but you can see the error in the status) Thanks for your help, Jasem!