INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Problem connecting to fileshare over samba from win10

• Thank you received: 25
Hello,

After setting up the Astroberry image over RPi 4, I was able to connect successfully to the web interface through astroberry.local. I can access the RPi also through the SSH without issue, and I can ping with no issues. Everything is working fine except when I try to access the Astroberry samba share from my win10 laptop.

I checked samba service and it is sunning. I checked its configuration and it was properly configured for sharing. When I try to access the shares in RPi from windows explorer using \\astroberry.local or \\<IP> i get "windows can't find \\astroberry.local or \\<ip>" respectively.

Any idea what could be going wrong?

Thank you
Mohamed

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Mohamed.
4 years 3 weeks ago #51866

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Hi Mohamed,

Your share is called astroberry so try \\astroberry.local\astroberry and see if you can connect to that. Otherwise, install the smbclient software on your astroberry and try

smbclient -L //astroberry.local

to see which shares are available. You may need to add parameters for the username and password (sorry, I am typing this from the top of my head and it has been years since I looked into samba).

Apart from that, you set browsable to No in the homes section and then try to add a share for the astroberry home dir. Perhaps they are in conflict? I'd suggest to take out the astroberry section and set browsable to yes in the homes section. I suppose that astroberry is the only (non-root) user so that should not be a safety issue.

HTH, Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed
4 years 3 weeks ago #51886

Hi Wouter

Thank you for your response. I've been investigating this issue, and I believe it is a win10 issue and not setup on the Astroberry side. MS disabled many protocols including SAMBA by default. Although I was not successful using win10 to get to my files, as a workaround, I used FileZilla and logged in over SSH, and it worked.
4 years 2 weeks ago #52040

• Thank you received: 420
OK good to know that you found a workaround!
4 years 2 weeks ago #52047

• Thank you received: 301
In the policies of Windows 10, you need to allow the connection to servers that do not provide a secure access method. Check serverfault.com/questions/888690/windows...-locations-or-drives.

-Eric
4 years 2 weeks ago #52052

Thank you, Eric, this article solved the problem.

Mohamed
3 years 11 months ago #54003

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.415 seconds